Coordinate reservoir simulation and reservoir management activities. Guide the integration of static and dynamic reservoir parameters and recommend model updates and/or additional data gathering as needed.
Assist in identifying prospective well locations as part of the well planning process. Set forth evaluation and testing requirements from a reservoir management perspective.
Oversee reviews of reservoir performance trends and approve forecasts of future production.
Review and rank proposed reservoir development projects, including improved oil recovery projects, based on results of initial technical, economic and risk evaluations.
In consultation with service providers, research new reservoir engineering workflows and technologies and their areas of application in hydrocarbon asset management.
Develop surveillance plan and collect data to ensure maximum reservoir performance
Develop reservoir surveillance data in current models
Plan and supervise/QC assessment of drilling /work over objectives / requirements including deviated/horizontal wells trajectories based on well and reservoir performance.
- Provide input and supervision for reservoir engineering, production and reservoir management & surveillance chapters on the Field Development Plan.
- Coordinate with various teams to ensure adherence to KE strategy regarding setting production targets and production growth, reservoir improvement and reserve. This includes advising Field Development teams on maximizing oil/gas recovery, minimizing risk and reducing development cost.
- Collaborate with all technical and commercial resources to assist in the development and delivery of field development plans supported by rigorous economic evaluation.
Supervise day to day production monitoring. Provide short- and long-term forecasts, well by well and field wise for consumption of short and long term business plan, budgeting and economics analysis.
- Lead the estimation of the recovery factors and reserves from simulations models and analytical methods.
- Lead & review the Hydrocarbon resource booking and reporting.
- Plan and coordinate for providing Reservoir Engineering Input for all JMC, OCM, TCM and other JV meetings on regular basis
- Represent company on technical/management meetings as required
- Demonstrate safety leadership and strongly advocate Health Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and guidelines. Ensure clear description and communication of subsurface risks during drilling of new wells.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub)contractor workforce.
- Manage the activities and work performed by Contractors such as (studies and core analysis) and ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and effective manner. Build good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Recommend training and development for team members to build their capabilities.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of employees.
- Develop overview of contractor’s strength and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
- Contribute to Block 9 CSR strategy execution
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the relevant standards / policies /guidelines / procedures in accordance with international industry best practices and corporate policies
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering/Geology/Geophysics
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in the subsurface discipline with at least 5 years in team leader position
- Strong knowledge of Oil & Gas value chain
- Reserves Evaluation and reporting
- Field Development Planning
- Static and Dynamic Reservoir Modelling & Simulation
- Well Testing
- Production Forecasting
- Reservoir Management Principles
- Good interdisciplinary knowledge of Geophysics, Geology, Petrophysics, Production Technology
- Excellent Project management, planning and execution skills.
- Thorough understanding of HSE processes and the practical implementation thereof.
- Strategic thinking
- Team building
- Team work
- Decision Making Skills
- Problem solving
- Change Management
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.