MSELECT is looking to hire a Translator/ Interpreter for an international oil operator in Basrah, the candidate must have at least 1-2 years practical experience in translation and interpretation from English into Arabic and vice versa, fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
- Facilitates effective communication between two parties that do not speak a similar language (English/Arabic) by converting one spoken/written language to another.
- Provides interpreting/translation services as per requests delivered from all departments.
- Act as an interpreter in meetings, interviews, telephone calls, sessions, etc. including one to one and group settings.
- Translate orally or in writing, all documents presented by managers, staff, and other individuals.
- Participates in department related workshops / program activities as needed.
- Utilities equipment such as computers, copy machines, etc., as directed by Team Leader.
- Direct liaison with clients, after delegation from Team Leader, to discuss any unclear points.
- Priorities work to meet deadlines as directed by Team Leader.
- Review, edit and proof read final translated materials for accuracy of meaning, grammar, punctuation, etc before submission to Team Leader.
- Read through original material and rewrite it in the target language, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained.
- Attend the field when required as directed by Team Leader to facilitate communication between expats and local staff.
- Notifies the Team Leader of mistakes/errors in the original received correspondence, which may affect the translation of such documents.
- Participates in pertinent activities and events of the department as directed by Team Leader or FM Planning and Integration Manager.
- Detailed knowledge of English and Arabic grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to compile, organise and analyse data.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective verbal and written communication in English & Arabic.
- Ability to verbally translate technical spoken material form Arabic into English and vice versa.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees and personnel.
- Shows good self-management and the ability to manage his/her work as dictated by priorities, deadlines, etc.
- Shows an ability to interact with all colleagues and the ability to translate/interpret for staff members without reflecting personal views.
- Considerable knowledge of general office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to deal courteously with clients, managers, staff members, at all levels including senior management, etc.
- Supplying relevant general information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to provide appropriate cultural direction, guidance and advice to managers and team leaders, if required or requested.
- Maintain confidentiality of all translated information.
Minimum Education, Training, and Experience Requirements:
An appointee shall have at least a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in English and/or Translation services and at least one year’s practical experience in translation and interpretation from English into Arabic and vice versa.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.