MSELECT is hiring a Source Water Plant Project Manager for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have minimum of 10 years’ experience in demonstrated construction management roles of at least two source water projects and be fluent in English.
- Focal Point of contact for the assigned EPC Contracts on site.
- Contribute to project constructability review during engineering activities and to ensure all previous lessons learns adopted.
- Lead the construction team, as well as construction supervisors (Consultants, Contractors and Subcontractors), logistics, materials handling and site inspection.
- Constantly identify bottlenecks for progress on construction and proactively act to resolve the same.
- Establish standard quality management system & construction procedures in accordance with company specification.
- Assuring the Source Water projects meet Company requirement in quality, cost and time during various phases of the project
- Manage the performance of construction team and (sub) contractors and to avoid repetitive construction mistakes.
- Ensure leading practices, standards and guidelines are adhered to, during the construction stage of the project.
- Ensures proper and timely hand over of systems / sub-systems to commissioning teams/end users, and provide assistance as required.
- Continuously assess, with the QC & HSE managers, the status of Construction Quality & HSE, and ensures timely closures of corrective actions & non - conformances.
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth project construction work and oversee the work of external (sub) contractors & suppliers.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the reporting supervisor.
Number of staffs supervised
- Total: 5 – 20 company and consultancy staff
- USD 100,000,000 plus (overall project)
- Manage Scope, Organization, Quality, Cost and Time for the Off-Plot Pipelines projects.
- Contribute to set up and contract management of construction and /or EPC contracts.
- Liaises with local authorities (if required) in line with the applicable governance documents and contracts (JOA, EDPSC).
- Communicate and coordinate the interface issues with relevant parties.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub) contractor workforce. Strong focus on personal safety, security and QA/QC.
People & Contractor Management
- Establish the construction project organization, define roles and responsibilities and manage the activities and work performed by direct reports.
- Assign and allocate the direct reports.
- Manage the activities and work performed by Contractors and Suppliers. Build good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Submit performance assessment about construction team and (sub) contractors.
- Recommend training and development for team members to build their capabilities.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities.
- Develop overview of contractor’s strengths and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
- Assist on project CSR strategy development and execution
Prepare, Monitoring & Control Budgets and Plans
- Plan and monitor construction work through reporting, analysis and identifying variances from the plans.
- Identify deviations at the earliest possible stage and assist in the development of recovery plans and mitigation measures.
- Communicate critical issues to the construction manager in a timely manner with proposed solutions.
- Inform project team of reaching important project milestones.
- Oversee the construction contractors and suppliers on an ongoing basis.
- Chairs daily, weekly & monthly internal meetings, and ensures action points are liquidated in a timely manner.
Contractor and Vendor selection
- Assist in identifying the list of external service providers eligible to provide the relevant services and work with the Procurement department to issue RFP/tender as per company’s policy.
- Assist in conducting technical and financial analysis of the proposals submitted by the service providers along with the relevant departments.
- Contribute on selection contractors prior to award
- Lead contractor onboarding sessions and manage contract startup
- Contract holder for construction and/or EPC contracts in the construction stage.
- Prepare data base for the actual performance of (sub) contractors/suppliers and report the same to attention of management & pre-award evaluators.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Construction Management policies, systems, processes and procedures, identifying potential areas of improvement.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
- Improvement of systems processes and practices.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Facilities Projects Team and Consultancy.
- Asset Management Team, HSSE, Contracts & Procurement, General Service.
- Operations & Maintenance.
- Basra Oil Company and related local authorities.
- Contractors/Subcontractors, Vendors & Service providers
- Construction and EPC Contractors
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Degree in Process, Mechanical & Piping engineering or equivalent (MSc preferred)
- Professional certification or accreditation in construction management or proven experience
- 15 years of post-qualification experience with experience in the oil and gas industry
- Work experience in the MENA Region, preferably in Iraq.
- Demonstrated construction management roles of at least two source water projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Mastery in Construction Management
- Skilled in Influencing and Conflict Handling
- Skilled in Contract Management
- Ability to think laterally and provide creative solutions to deliver projects and give strategic directions
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Ability to drive and achieve desired results within the defined time duration
- Construction Section Head
- Surface Facilities
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.