MSELECT is looking to hire a Power Plant Project Manager for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum 10 years of post-qualification experience with experience in the oil and gas industry and be fluent in English.
- Overall management of Power Plant project from initiation to hand over throughout project lifecycle.
- Organize the work into manageable activity clusters (phases) and determines an effective approach to completing the work.
- Plan and review the project schedule baseline and milestones using appropriate tools; and ensure that the project is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path;
- Analyze the actual performance against the plan and adjust consistent with plan objectives
- Track project milestones and deliverables;
- Represent project at meetings and with external consultants and departmental to assure that priorities are communicated and understood, and that progress/delays/issues are reported.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential changes, and devise contingency plans;
- Report and escalate to line manger as needed.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Arbitrate and resolve conflict and interface problems within the project
- Conduct project “lessons learned” meetings and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements;
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Adhere to Company Safety Standards and promote safety culture among the team.
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth project work and oversee the work of external (sub)contractors & suppliers.
- Any other objectives assigned by the line manager.
- Understanding and achievement of Construction’s Section objectives and KPIs.
- Manage Scope, Organization, Quality, Cost and Time for the power Plant Project
- Arrange Power Plant Project kick off Meeting and ensure all parties are aware about Project milestones and goals.
- Plan, Schedule, Manage and Control the Power Plant Project
- Required interface management between surface facility department, PMC, Company departments, contractors, subcontractors, vendors, BOC, and other outsiders.
- To oversee PMC management during the Power Plant EPCC phases.
- Contribute to set up the contract management
- Administrate and facilitate the Power Plant contract execution.
- Evaluation and assessment of consultancies, Contractors and subcontractors.
- Assist and Facilitate Contractors/subcontractors and vendors visa, BOC and BIP applications within the Company.
- Lead and coordinate all meeting, technical workshop, and inspection with partners, BOC and MoO.
- Lead all daily, weekly and monthly progress, HSE and quality meetings.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and subcontractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work;
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant QA/QC management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis.
- Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub)contractor workforce. Strong focus on personal safety, security and QA/QC.
- Work closely with partners and government stakeholder in line with the applicable governance documents and contracts (JOA, EDPSC)
Surface facility construction assignment
- Comply with department polices, goals and strategies
- Manage the Power Plant construction facilities.
- Monitor and report to Construction Section Head of project details, including progress, risks and opportunities in a timely manner.
- Supervises and approves the development of Power Plant Projects Execution Plan and its implementation plus ensuring Lessons Learned are properly documented throughout the life of the project
- To identify the Critical path activities and provide an appropriate control measurement.
People & Contractor Management
- Establish the Power Plant project organization, define roles and responsibilities and manage the activities and work performed by direct reports.
- Manage and oversee the project team that including PMT, PMC, contractor, subcontractor and third parties.
- Manage the activities and work performed by Contractors and Suppliers. Build good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Recommend training and development for team members to build their capabilities.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities.
- Develop overview of contractor’s strengths and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
- Contribute to project CSR strategy development and execution
Budget, Cost and Reports
- Plan and monitor Power Plant project work through reporting, analysis and identifying variances from the plans.
- Liaises with planning team to ensure an appropriate recovery plan in place.
- Communicate critical issues to the Construction Section Head in a timely manner with proposed solutions.
- Inform project team of reaching important project milestones.
- Participate on preparing department VOWD.
Tender, Evaluation and Award
- Participate into CS, TBE, CBE preparation when required
- To report exception to management to get advice and instruction.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Construction Management policies, systems, processes and procedures, identifying potential areas of improvement.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
- Improvement of systems, processes and practices.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Facilities Projects Team, Project Consultancy Team
- Asset Management Team, HSSE, Contracts & Procurement
- Drilling, Logistics, Operations & Maintenance
- Partners, Basra Oil Company (BOC), Ministry of Oil (MoO)
- Contractors, Vendors, Third Party inspectors & Service providers
- Construction and EPC Contractors
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Degree in engineering or equivalent (MSc preferred)
- Professional certification or accreditation in construction management or proven experience
- 10 years of post-qualification experience with experience in the oil and gas industry
- Work experience in the ME Region, preferably in Iraq 5 years.
- Demonstrated construction management roles of at least two USD 100 million plus capital projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Mastery in Construction Management
- Skilled in Influencing and Conflict Handling
- Skilled in Contract Management
- Ability to think laterally and provide creative solutions to deliver projects and give strategic directions
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Ability to drive and achieve desired results within the defined time duration
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers in a multi-cultural environment
- 5 – 20 company and consultancy staff
- USD 100,000,000 plus (overall project)
- Construction Section Head
- Surface Facilities
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.