MSELECT is looking to hire an Assistant Gas Processing Plant Project Manager for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 12 years of post-qualification experience in the oil and gas industry. Fluency in English is a must.
- Focal Point of contact for the assigned GPP EPCC Contract.
- Contribute to project constructability review during engineering activities and to ensure all previous lessons learns adopted.
- Lead the construction team, as well as construction supervisors (Consultants, Contractors and Subcontractors), logistics, materials handling and site inspection.
- Constantly identify bottlenecks for progress on construction and proactively take action to resolve the same.
- Establish standard quality management system & construction procedures in accordance with company specification.
- Assuring the GPP project meet Company requirement in quality, cost and time during various phases of the project
- Manage the performance of construction team and (sub) contractors and to avoid repetitive construction mistakes.
- Ensure leading practices, standards and guidelines are adhered to, during the construction stage of the project.
- Ensures proper and timely hand over of systems / sub-systems to commissioning teams/end users, and provide assistance as required.
- Continuously assess, with the QC & HSE managers, the status of Construction Quality & HSE, and ensures timely closures of corrective actions & non- conformances.
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth project construction work and oversee the work of external (sub) contractors & suppliers.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the reporting supervisor.
- Manage Scope, Organization, Quality, Cost and Time for the GPP project.
- Contribute to set up and contract management of construction and /or EPC contracts.
- Liaises with local authorities (if required) in line with the applicable governance documents and contracts (JOA, EDPSC).
- Communicate and coordinate the interface issues with relevant parties.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub) contractor workforce. Strong focus on personal safety, security and QA/QC.
People & Contractor Management
- Establish the construction project organization, define roles and responsibilities and manage the activities and work performed by direct reports.
- Assign and allocate the direct reports.
- Manage the activities and work performed by Contractors and Suppliers. Build good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Submit performance assessment about construction team and (sub) contractors.
- Recommend training and development for team members to build their capabilities.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities.
- Develop overview of contractor’s strengths and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
- Assist on CSR strategy development and execution.
Prepare, Monitoring & Control Budgets and Plans
- Plan and monitor construction work through reporting, analysis and identifying variances from the plans.
- Identify deviations at the earliest possible stage and assist in the development of recovery plans and mitigation measures.
- Communicate critical issues to the construction manager in a timely manner with proposed solutions.
- Inform project team of reaching important project milestones.
- Oversee the construction contractors and suppliers on an ongoing basis.
- Chairs daily, weekly & monthly internal meetings, and ensures action points are liquidated in a timely manner.
Contractor and Vendor selection
- Assist in identifying the list of external service providers eligible to provide the relevant services and work with the Procurement department to issue RFP/tender as per company’s policy.
- Assist in conducting technical and financial analysis of the proposals submitted by the service providers along with the relevant departments.
- Contribute on selection contractors prior to award.
- Lead contractor onboarding sessions and manage contract startup.
- Contract holder for construction and/or EPC contracts in the construction stage.
- Prepare data base for the actual performance of (sub) contractors/suppliers and report the same to attention of management & pre-award evaluators.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Construction Management policies, systems, processes and procedures, identifying potential areas of improvement.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
- Improvement of systems processes and practices.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Degree in Process, Mechanical & Piping engineering or equivalent (MSc preferred).
- Professional certification or accreditation in construction management or proven experience
- 12 years of post-qualification experience with experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Work experience in the MENA Region, preferably in Iraq.
- Demonstrated construction management roles of at least two GPP projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Mastery in Construction Management
- Skilled in Influencing and Conflict Handling
- Skilled in Contract Management
- Ability to think laterally and provide creative solutions to deliver projects and give strategic directions
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Ability to drive and achieve desired results within the defined time duration
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process