MSELECT is hiring a Legal Counsel for an international manufacturing and distribution client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum 3 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English, Kurdish and Arabic.
- Representing a client and advising them on their legal situation, from individual cases to whole companies, from court proceedings to small disputes behind closed doors, it’s acting in the client's best interest.
- Have good experience in different legal cases, criminal, civil …etc.
Can handle multitasks, advising, reporting or any minor legal issues like
- Attending court hearings (and doing the preparation beforehand)
- Drawing up contracts and other legal documents
- Negotiating (not all cases will end up in court)
- Explaining the law and giving general legal advice
- Settling disputes and supervising any agreements
- Researching and gathering evidence
- Analyzing legal documents
- Supervising legal assistants.
Qualifications & Skills Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in law.
- 3 years of total professional experience.
- Highly analytical and good negotiation skills.
- Able to lead and manage systems and cross-functional projects.
- Have mobility to travel if necessary (domestic and international).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office especially MS Excel.
- Upper Intermediate in English (and local language if an expat).
- Potential to be promoted to key management roles in the country.
- Supervisory and Problem-Solving skills
- Team Building skills.
- Basic Counseling skills.
- Effective Communication skills (Verbal and Written) including the ability to prepare reports, proposals, policies and procedures.
- Effective Public Relations and Public Speaking skills.
- Stress and Time management skills.
Critical Experiences Specific to this Job
- Good knowledge of company management systems.
- Managerial and/or other functions experience is plus
- Ability to lead and manage cross-function teams, upper management and Corporate.
- Legal Manager
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.