MSELECT is hiring a Construction Section Head for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum 15 years of relevant experience in the oil and gas industry and be fluent in English.
The job objective is to
- Map out all EPCC project’s activities in accordance to Company strategies and polices.
- To plan, develop and organize the project effort to formulate the most cost-effective plan to timely completion within budget and to implement the execution of that plan.
- Manage the EPCC contracts of assigned Central Process Facilities (CPF), Source Water Plant (SWP), Rental Power Plant (RPP), Field Surface Facilities (FSF) , Overhead Transmission lines (OHTL) , pipelines and ad-hoc facilities projects
- Supervises and approves the development of Projects Execution Plan and its implementation plus ensuring Lessons Learned are properly documented throughout the life of the project including Project Close-out ensure that facilities construction meets predefined objectives and quality, cost, time requirements and in safe manner.
- Responsible for implementation of the scope of work as related to detail engineering, Procurement construction/ fabrication, pre-commissioning, and commissioning of the facilities in conformance with project specifications, Scope of Work, and in accordance with the approved Project Schedule and ensures all changes to specifications are executed and approved as per project procedures
- Monitor construction productivity and schedule performance and investigate reasons for less than satisfactory performance. Provide recommendations and institute measures for improvement by modification to work instructions.
- Define clear roles & responsibilities and deliverable requirements in terms of both scope and schedule to all the team members.
- Ensure leading practices and standards and guidelines are adhered to during the construction stage of the project.
- Adhere to Company Safety Standards and promote safety culture among the team.
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth project construction work and oversee the work of external (sub)contractors & suppliers.
Number of staffs supervised
- Total: 50 – 100 company and consultancy staff
Capital budget USD
- 1,000,000,000 plus (overall project)
Description Project Management
- Establish and define Construction Section KPIs in line with Surface Facility Department KPIs
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members
- Manage Scope, Organization, Quality, Cost and Time for the project EPCC Portfolio.
- Plan, Schedule, Manage and Control the project EPCC Portfolio.
- Lead and coordinate all meeting, and technical workshop with partners, BOC and MoO
- Required interface management between surface facility department, PMC, Company department, BOC, MoO, and other third parties.
- To oversee PMC management during the EPCC phases.
- Contribute to set up and contract management of EPCC contracts
- Administrate and facilitates the EPCCs contract execution.
- Evaluation and assessment of consultancies, Contractors and subcontractors.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub)contractor workforce. Strong focus on personal safety, security and QA/QC.
- Work closely with partners and government stakeholder in line with the applicable governance documents and contracts (JOA, EDPSC)
Surface facility construction assignment
- Comply with department goals and strategies
- Manage the construction stage of assigned CPF, SWP, OHTL, RPP/PP facilities, pipeline and ad-hoc facilities projects.
- Monitor and report to Department Manager of project details, including progress, risks and opportunities in a timely manner.
- Supervises and approves the development of Projects Execution Plan
- To identify the Critical path activities and provide an appropriate control measurement.
People & Contractor Management
- Establish the Construction Section organization, define roles and responsibilities and manage the activities and work performed by direct reports.
- Manage and oversee the Construction Section team of the projects.
- Manage the activities and work performed by Contractors and Suppliers. Build good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Recommend training and development for team members to build their capabilities.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities.
- Develop overview of contractor’s strengths and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
- Contribute to company CSR strategy development and execution
Budget, Cost and Reports
- Plan and monitor EPCC Projects work through reporting, analysis and identifying variances from the plans.
- Liaises with planning team to ensure an appropriate recovery plan in place.
- Communicate critical issues to the Surface Facility Manager in a timely manner with proposed solutions.
- Inform project team of reaching important project milestones.
- Participate on preparing department VOWD.
Tender, Evaluation and Award
- Participate into tendering process and solve issues.
- Participate into CS, TBE, CBE preparation.
- To report exception to management to get advice and instruction.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Construction Management policies, systems, processes and procedures, identifying potential areas of improvement.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
- improvement of systems, processes and practices.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Facilities Projects Team, Project Consultancy Team
- Asset Management Team, HSSE, Contracts & Procurement
- Drilling, Logistics, Operations & Maintenance
- Partners, Basra Oil Company (BOC), Ministry of Oil (MoO)
- Contractors, Vendors, Third Party inspectors & Service providers
- Construction and EPC Contractors
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Degree in engineering or equivalent (MSc preferred)
- Professional certification or accreditation in construction management or proven experience
- 15 years of post-qualification experience with experience in the oil and gas industry
- Work experience in the ME Region, preferably in Iraq 7 years
- Demonstrated construction management roles of at least two USD 100 million plus capital projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Mastery in Construction Management
- Skilled in Influencing and Conflict Handling
- Skilled in Contract Management
- Ability to think laterally and provide creative solutions to deliver projects and give strategic directions
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Ability to drive and achieve desired results within the defined time duration
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers in a multi-cultural environment
- Surface Facility Manager
- Surface Facilities
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.