MSELECT is looking to hire a Monitoring and Evaluation officer for an international development consultancy in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in implementation of M&E plans for development projects. Fluency in English, Arabic is a must, Kurdish is a plus.
The M&E officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project, assisting the Project Manager in preparing Quarterly/ Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the data base of the Project and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer works in close collaboration with project team and operations clusters, Government officials, private sector and non-government organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect, compile and aggregate data from field staff to reflect in progress reports.
- Check for data consistency and conclude comparisons with updated targets.
- Interpret quantitative results and report on qualitative data.
- Examine reporting formats and present with amendments or develop new templates when/if necessary.
- Develop and recommend case studies and success stories to reflect in reports.
- Management of the project’s Monitoring & Evaluation system in line with the Monitoring & Evaluation plan, working closely with implementing partners to ensure that accurate data is collected in a timely, systematic, and efficient manner.
- Ensure any modifications to the overarching Monitoring & Evaluation Plan are implemented across all partners and work packages.
- Participate in site visits to project partners for data collection.
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures.
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results.
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities.
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the /Project Manager.
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
- Organize and conduct training on M&E for project.
- Prepare and maintain data base.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the execution of M&E activities.
- Strong skills and experience in producing M&E reports.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of working under pressure with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Willing to travel within Iraq- mainly KRI, Center (around Baghdad) and South (around Basra) to conduct needed tasks.
Education And/ Or Experience
- University degree in Business Administration, economics or related field.
- 3-4 years work experience in implementation of M&E plans for development projects implemented by national / international NGOs/UN bodies, etc.
- Experience in donor funded development projects is a must.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic required – Kurdish is a plus.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.