MSELECT is hiring a Contract Administrator for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience and be fluent in Kurdish and English.
Contract Administrator prepares and controls all documentation related to the contract from the stage of contract draft preparation till the stage of closure the contract (Contract Management).
List of tasks, actions and processes, which are performed by an employee in this position, and which are within his/her personal responsibility area – without permanent participation of colleagues, immediate supervisor and/or reportees in these processes.
At the stage of preparation for the tender
- Participate in joint review of draft contracts with SCM, to ensure technical requirements of the Contract Holder are clear, consistent application of contractual key performance indicators (KPIs) and measurement of the KPIs are well defined;
- Provides timely responses (jointly with Contract Holder) to requests from all involved Departments inside of the Company regarding contract draft;
- Assistance on preparation of the scope of work by the contract owner, including collection of all required specifications, drawings and other engineering documentation in the tender documentation package;
The stage of contracts endorsement, signing and execution
- Monitor the process of signing contracts with the winning bidders on the subject of compliance with the established schedule/work program deadlines for contracts signing;
Under the framework of the task of ensuring proper fulfillment of contractual obligations by the parties
- Analyze contractual obligations, promptly inform the Line and the Functional Manager of any deviations/breaches identified in performance of the contract;
- Check the timeliness of receipt from the counter-party and correctness of the wording of the Performance Bond on the subject of conformity to the relevant provisions of the contract ("Performance Bond" clause);
- Organize kick-off meetings with the counter-parties;
- Participate in preparation of Call-Off Orders, Purchase Requisitions for Services, Work Order, Purchase Requisitions for Materials and etc., arrange their signing by the Contract Holder, assignment of a registration number and timely submission to the counter-party;
- Check plans/work programs, prepared by technical specialists for the counter-party, endorse them by signing to confirm that the planned volume of work/services were provided for under the terms of the contract, that they fall within the scope of work under the contract and the planned costs are within the approved budget of the contract.
- Control of timeliness of transfer/receipt from the counter-party of the necessary certificates, statements, Service Entry Sheets, Materials Entry Sheets, supporting documents, invoices and warranties. Arrange for their checking and correction if applicable on the subject of conformity to the terms of the Contract and Call-Offs while interacting with the counter-parties, the Contract Holder and other involved functions of the Company;
- Ensure verification of invoices against Call-offs and other contractual documents and timely transfer of verified invoices and the accompanying/supporting documentation (statements of work delivery/acceptance, lists of work performed, certificates, etc.) to the Cost control specialist or directly to the accountant (depending on the terms of the contract) of the Company, ensures that critical comments on these documents are rectified;
- Monitor the periods of validity of the bank and other bonds submitted by the contractor (for example: certified check) issued by the counter-party in accordance with the terms of the Contract;
- Interact with the financial and accounting functions as concerns fulfillment of the payment obligations on the terms other than standard (such as Letters of Credit);
- Monitor the periods of validity of insurance policies issued under the contract;
- Ensure timely preparation, arrange for signing by the Contract Holder, registration and issue of official letters, notices and office memos; When letters/office memos/notices are prepared by technical specialists due to the specifics of the issue at hand, Contract Administrator performs the final check of the above listed documents on the subject of their conformity to the terms of the contract prior to their issue;
- Account for registering and storage of all the contract documents (agreements on amendment of the terms of the contract, instructions, warranties, certificates, procedures and claims), all incoming correspondence (including all electronic correspondence between the Parties);;
- Monitor the cost of work and the volume of the work performed under the contract;
- Timely identify deviations/breaches of the terms and conditions of the contract and informs/reports involved parties inside the Company of such cases; All non-compliances/breaches need to be duly documented. Issue recommendations, requests and prescribe corrective actions to be taken by employees of the Company, the counter-party and the Contract Holder to rectify the identified non-compliances/breaches. Engage the Company's Legal Affairs whenever necessary;
- Assistance on preparation and monitoring of application of the counter-party's key performance indicators, including bonuses and penalties; Organize meetings with the counter-parties to evaluate their operations and the level of the provided service, participate in such meetings, take minutes of such meetings (whenever necessary) and arrange for their signing;
- Participate in preparation of procedures and operational regulations pertaining to his/her functional activities;
- Verify all instructions issued under the contract on the subject of their conformity to the terms and conditions of the contract;
- Keep a register of the current, planned and completed contracts/call-off orders/invoices.
Under the framework of the task of potential risks identification
- Identify potential risks and facts, as well as monitor events that may lead to change of the terms of the contract and/or filing of claims to the Company and/or increase of the costs under the contract against the approved budget of the contract. Timely inform (by e-mail) the direct Line and Functional Supervisors of such identified events/risks, providing recommendations regarding how to avoid realization of the risk.
Under the framework of the task to participate in handling of claims
- Liaise Contract Holder in timely submission of information to the Company's Legal Affairs when the counter-party breaches its contractual obligations in order to decide on the need to apply the Liquidated Damages envisaged under the contract; Register and keep track of application of liens and other sanctions envisaged under contracts;
- Participation in settlement of claims presented by the Company and counter-parties;
- Ensure filing of all official documents and correspondence in respect to the current claims of the Parties.
Under the framework of the task to provide support as relates to contract amendments
- Keep log of activities related to the contract terms and conditions, as required for approval of the contract amendments;
- Control timeliness of guidelines issue, change requests/supplementary agreements to contracts;
- Check proposals from Departments of the Company and the service provider regarding Contract amendments, prepare executive summaries on the proposed Contract amendments;
- Assist Contract Holder in negotiations with the counter-party as required to agree upon the rates applicable to the additional works;
- Ensure preparation and due endorsement of change request for its further submission to the Contracting and Procurement.
Under the framework of the task to provide support as relates to contract close-out
- Verify completeness and proper execution of documents in confirmation of fulfillment of Company’s and 3rd parties’ obligations;
- Ensure proper closing out (completion) of the contract after implementation of the project/provision of the relevant work/services, as a result of full completion or early termination in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract and requirements of the Company.
- High Education, Specialization in law, economics, finance, management
- Contract Management
- Skills for effective negotiations
- Effective communications
- Effective work in conditions of limited resources
- Financial management
- Creativity (innovativeness)
- Flexibility (adaptability)
- Motivation achievements
- Problem analysis and decision making
- Ability to work irregular working hours in order to fulfill official duties
- Experience in the specialty for at least 5 years
- Experience in the oil and gas field for at least 3 years
- Experience in international companies for at least 2 years
- Advanced MS Office user
- Skills in electronic document management systems;
- Oracle Primavera P6
- SAP R3 (or similar) (preferable).
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting