MSELECT is looking to hire a Communication Officer for an international development consultancy in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years work experience in a media/communications/public affairs role and be fluent in English, Arabic and Kurdish is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop communications content for social media, website, newsletter, success stories, brochures, factsheets, and press releases regularly in both Arabic and English.
- Responsible for organization branding on all materials and documents.
- Manage organization social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Develop and report on paid social media campaigns to increase reach and engagement.
- Devise and deliver media and communication trainings for program and partner staff.
- Supervise photoshoots and filming videos for program activities with vendors and consultants.
- Manage planning and coordination of special events across for organization.
- Assist in reporting on organization achievements.
- Responsible for design and production of program materials including infographics, posters, leaflets, brochures, factsheets…etc.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of communications and public relations plans and activities.
- Strong skills and experience in managing social media accounts.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced writing skills in both English and Arabic
- Capable of working under pressure with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Willing to travel within Iraq- mainly KRI, Center (around Baghdad) and South (around Basra) to conduct needed tasks.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Journalism, communication or related fields.
- 3-4 years’ work experience in a media/communications/public affairs role.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic required – Kurdish is a plus
- Copy writing skills in both Arabic and English mainly media materials.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.