MSELECT is looking to hire a Technical Discipline Liaison for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
The position is responsible for supervising and coordinating all L&D activities related to the technical training for the organization’s departments. Including but not limited to, conducting Learning Needs Analysis, compiling the annual training plan and demand planning process, providing technical training related advice and expertise, and managing the external technical training process.
The position reports directly to the Organizational Capability TL.
- Act as the technical training focal point for all departments.
- Conduct structured meetings with all departments to support development of their learning needs.
- Oversee and provide L&D support for Training under the contracts process.
- Compile the annual organization’s training plan and complete the demand planning process working with stakeholders to gain internal agreement on priorities.
- Support department Subject Matter Experts to build comprehensive Learning Objectives and Scope of Work for training needs.
- Liaise with PSCM department on appropriate contracts and contracting strategy for external training programs.
- Manage the performance of the 3rd party training providers and conduct performance review meetings on a quarter basis.
- Manage the organization’s training delivery process including providing the required templates and policies, filling the required documents, communication with training providers to schedule the training.
Criteria & Qualifications
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (engineering related degree is preferable)
- A professional L&D certification is a plus (CIPD)
- Excellent English (B2) and Arabic language skills
- Excellent organisational skills – ability to coordinate detailed schedules and plans.
- Strong facilitation, persuasion and communications skills are essential. The role requires to maintain good relationships with Line/Dept Managers (expat and BOC).
- Strong and balanced technical training background with exposure to operational and delivery activity
- Familiarity with the procurement process.
- A good understanding of local BOC procedures, policies & guidelines is desirable.
- 5 days on/2 days off
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.