Urgent! International media company looking for a Project Manager in Baghdad with minimum 3 years of experience in project management. Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
Company is investing in a pool of project managers keen to pursue a career in the international development sector, and to rotate around our projects and regional offices. Successful candidates will be trained and developed to take up a trusted position in the company with the opportunity to help shape the future of the company across our regions, as the company grows. You can be based in our Head Office in London, or one of our regional hubs (Beirut, Amman, Tunis, Nairobi),
Our project managers will be in charge of supporting project delivery and contract management to ensure smooth running and effective delivery.
- Preparing and maintaining project tools, including input schedule, work plans and log frames;
- Providing and convening strategic guidance on project design, delivery and evaluation;
- Developing and maintaining project and country risk matrices, ensuring risks are escalated at the appropriate level;
- Liaising with clients and host government officials on a regular basis;
- Managing a small and diverse team across levels of seniority and expertise; and
- Quality assuring deliverables and producing client weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Developing and updating of budgets, managing associate and partner input remains within budget;
- Writing financial reports;
- Managing the cash flow and invoicing process and overseeing procurement.
• Managing technical input of partners to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables.
- Identifying new opportunities and concepts for projects;
- Proactively taking an independent lead role in progressing strategic pursuits, planning, preparation, delivery and quality assurance of tender and proposal submission activities.
All these tasks need to be carried out in line with company’s Ethical Principles and tools.
We are looking for a team member keen interested in a long-term career with company and keen to develop a career in the international development and stabilisation sector. You will be an experienced project officer, coordinator or manager with strong and demonstrable technical, management, organisational, and interpersonal skills, and:
- Between three to seven years post-qualification experience;
- A Master’s degree from a reputable university;
- Willing to travel extensively (on rotation) to our regional offices;
- Strong research, analysis and critical thinking skills; is articulate and numerate;
- Diligence, organisational skills, and enthusiasm for working in new challenging, fast-paced environments;
- A track record building professional relationships, harnessing the experience and expertise of others, and supporting client and team requests;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills coupled with excellent reporting skills;
- Interest in developing, or continuing to develop an understanding of donor policy agendas and programme priorities;
- Resilience, respect for other cultures, and a proven interest in travel and stabilisation work.