MSELECT is looking to hire a Lead Control & Instrumentation Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 8 years of experience in the Oil and Gas Up Stream production. English fluency is a must.
Provide field based hands-on control and instrumentation expertise, production and maintenance support as well as engineering solutions for early production and permanent facilities.
Control & Instrumentation Assessments
- Provide and review control & instrumentation studies, and design solutions for new and existing facilities,
- Participate in technical review of new projects, facilities upgrade etc., including scope of work, Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), and Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs),
Production support and Troubleshooting
- Assist in operational trouble shooting and prepare proposals for resolving control & instrumentation performance bottlenecks and other operational problems. Contribute to assessment of change proposals.
Maintenance Support and Troubleshooting
- Assist in maintenance trouble shooting and prepare proposals for resolving control & instrumentation maintenance performance and improve checks and procedures.
- Conduct feasibility studies and assessment of control & instrumentation parameters for various grass root projects under guidance from technical experts.
- Prepare, witness or review results of Project Equipment Tests such as Factory Acceptance Test (FAT), Site Acceptance Test (SAT) and Performance Acceptance Test (PAT).
- Conduct other similar or related duties such as reviewing project proposals; attending technical meetings; carrying out site visits.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Comply with all relevant health, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment. Participate in HAZIDs, HAZOPs, SILs and other process safety and HSE reviews.
- Contribute to the preparation of clear, timely and accurate reports to meet production requirements, policies and standards.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Facilities team
- Company's asset team
- Client Engineering team based at FEED or EPC contractor
- Utility & service providers
- Government Officials
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Assess, evaluate and propose solutions in the areas of control and instrumentation and operational support.
- Key decisions having significant impact on control & instrumentation related aspects are referred to Principal Control & Instrument Engineer or the Engineering Manager.
- The jobholder exercises financial and operational authority as per the level established by KE management and stipulated in the authority matrix.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in control & automation or equivalent engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the Oil and Gas Up Stream production
- Good control and instrumentation skills; hands on knowledge of key discipline tools.
- Ability to analyze problems, and develop pragmatic concepts and solutions.
- Ability to support and troubleshoot operations and maintenance
- Good team player, effective communicator and able to work independently.
- Engineering Section Head
- Surface Facilities
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.