MSELECT is looking to hire a Mechanical Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role. English and Kurdish fluency is a must.
The company requires an enthusiastic, self-motivated Mechanical Engineer to work within the Development Team.
The role involves working on current and future facilities expansion projects and providing support to ongoing Operations activities
Responsibilities and Key Objectives
- Prepare Mechanical Engineering deliverables for company projects and in support of production operations; ensuring that they conform to applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the company’s policies and procedures. This may include:
- Performing mechanical design calculations
- Undertake simple engineering designs
- Develop Mechanical Data Sheets
- Develop Scopes of Work and Design Bases
- Compile construction work packs
- Determine material call-offs
- Specify and order bulk materials for equipment tie-in.
- Requisitioning equipment and materials
- Reviewing Contractor deliverables.
- Coordination of activities related to Mechanical Engineering design.
- Assist in site surveys.
- Assist with site commissioning and as-building activities.
- Assist in troubleshooting activities in support of plant operation.
- Prepare test reports and closure reports
- Participating in HAZID, HAZOP, SIL assessment and Design Reviews
- Liaise with other engineering disciplines and company departments to understand design requirements and inputs.
- Ensure that their own work is completed diligently, without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule.
- Always promote safe behaviour in the office and in the field.
- Engage fully in all company provided training activities or courses.
- Control and manage smaller packages of work or projects.
- Assist in the training and development of junior engineers.
- Discipline Engineers
- Construction Team
- Buyers/Contract Engineers
- Surface Operations Team
- 3rd Party Inspectors
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant subject
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar role.
- Good knowledge of Mechanical Engineering concepts is required.
- Strong understanding of the principals around the specification and procurement of oil-field processing equipment such as pumps, pressure vessels tanks, piping, etc.
- Experience in oilfield practices is required, preferably in a project environment.
- Excellent Command of English Language (demonstrated verbal and written skills).
- Computer literate and knowledgeable in relevant software tools and specifications of Microsoft computer applications. A knowledge of AutoCad or 3D modelling software would be a benefit.
- Good communication and ability to work as part of a team with good interpersonal skills.
- Willing to train with aspirations for personal advancement
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process