- Give accurate and timely counsel to the User Department in a variety of legal topics (labour law, commercial compliance, corporate legal matters, litigation & arbitration issue, national oil & gas legislation, international commercial law etc.).
- Reviewing and overseeing from the legal perspective upon the process of Company procurement activities, include the legal review of contracts as well as the legal entity identification of the counterparty (if it is required by the User Department).
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights.
- Participating in the litigation, arbitration or other dispute resolution process and providing the legal support.
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the company.
- Coordinating with outside legal counsel in processing legal affairs.
- Providing training to the company on legal topics.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Must have a law degree from a recognized university.
- Must be admitted to a recognized bar.
- Must have 8+ years of experience gained in large law firm and/or in-house with major firm.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the organization’s legal department and across all businesses.
- First class interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Oil & Gas upstream experience is preferred.
- Capability in communication with both English and Arabic and the English-Arabic legal writing will be valued as a plus.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.