MSELECT is hiring a Project Service Section Head for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have over 15 years’ relevant experience and at least 5 years’ experience in recent large oil fields projects in Iraq and be fluent in English.
The Job Objective is
- Leading Surface Facility Dept.’s projects planning works.
- Leading Surface Facility Dept.’s budget preparation works.
- Leading Surface Facility Dept.’s cost control, VOWD report, payment processing works and regular cost reports
- Leading Surface Facility Dept.’s projects scheduling and progress reports.
- Leading Surface Facility Dept.’ tender preparation integration and contract review works.
- Leading Surface Facility Dept.’s LLI expedition works.
- Leading Surface Facility Dept.’s Document Control works
- Leading Surface Facility Dept.’s audit questions response works.
- Leading Surface Facility Dept.’s other works as per Dept. Manager directive
- Surface Facility Dept. Manager
- USD 3,000,000,000USD plus (Phase 1 and Phase 2 Surface Facilities overall investment)
- Leading planning engineers working in cooperation with other Sections to develop high level project plans.
- Leading annual WP&B preparation works and multiple rounds of reports and justifications till approval by UEG, Funding Partners, BOC, MoO and JMC.
- Leading Surface Facility Dept.’s cost control in compliance with company procedures and JMC approved WP&B.
- Leading planning engineers in preparation of VOWD report, payment processing works and regular cost reports timely and in quality.
- Leading planning engineers in developing various projects schedule and progress reports.
- Leading contract engineers in tender preparation integration and contract review works.
- Leading LLI engineers in LLI expedition works to ensure LLI delivery according to the contracts.
- Leading document control engineers in effective Document Control works
- Leading analyzing audit questions and correct responses.
- Leading other works as per Dept. Manager directive
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Frequent contacts with Dept. Manager, Engineering SH, Construction SH, Infrastructure Projects SH, QAQC SH, HSE SH, Team Leaders, etc.
- Frequent contacts with Discipline Engineers and Discipline Inspectors
- Frequent contacts with EPC Contractors and LLI Vendors.
- Regular contacts with PMC
- Contact with concerned parties to study various project activities
- Frequent contact with BOC and MCT during preparation and submission of annual WP&B
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Education in engineering, business management, or project management.
- Proven experience
- Over 15 years’ experience, 5 years in oil field, preferably experience in recent large oil fields projects in Iraq.
- Demonstrated budget control and planning role of at least two USD 500 million plus capital projects.
Knowledge, skills & Attributes
- Strong teamwork spirit
- Highly proactive and self-driven work attitude
- Proven ability to perform in a lead capacity, possess good written and oral communications and presentation skills, and have a thorough of industry practices and regulations.
- Knowledgeable of current Primavera Enterprise Systems (P6) scheduling technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.
- Strong analytical, tactical and strategic thinking skills with a bias towards action.
- Self-Starter with strong work ethic, and great time management and communication skills
- Fluent in English oral and writing
- Line Manager (Dept. Manager / Section Head)
• Dept. Manager
• Surface Facilities
• Project Service
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.