MSELECT is looking to hire a Maintenance Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have minimum of 5 years’ experience in an engineering role, e.g., heavy vehicle maintenance with an emergency response organization and be fluent in English.
This role forms part of the management team supporting the efficient, effective, and economic provision of the Emergency Response Team to the company Basra facility. The post holder will provide technical and management expertise in the field of maintenance and inspection of all fire department assets and project fire suppression systems including but not limited to fire appliances & equipment, extinguishers, fire water systems, fire detection, etc. Ensuring that the operational equipment is suitably maintained to provide an emergency response capability to the facility. Providing timely and accurate reports to the management team as required. The post holder will ensure compliance with all local and governmental rules and regulations and maintain records as required.
- Assist with the development of the Emergency Response Section within the concession area of Basra facilities for company.
- Provide an appropriate level of Operational Support as required for all events or functional drills/exercises.
- Maintain ER equipment and vehicles diligently, reporting defects in a timely fashion
- Request maintenance parts in a timely fashion to ensure equipment and vehicles are available for the maximum periods.
- Assist in the compilation of ER Daily/weekly/monthly reports
- Conduct annual appraisals of ER personnel – direct reports
- Develop/Review ER Policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), manuals
- Assist in the organization of ER assets and firefighting media as per instruction of Emergency Response Lead and HSE Manager
- Assist in the coordination of ER vehicle & equipment test, maintenance, and inspections
- Assist in the control of stores and procurement of essential ER equipment
- Assist in the control, maintenance, testing and recording of firefighting media
- Assist or undertake investigations as required into equipment failures
Inspections & Performance Monitoring
Develop and implement and inspection, testing and maintenance programme; including a recording mechanism for the following
- All fire appliances including third party servicing requirements
- All first response equipment including standby equipment
- All block fire Extinguishers
- All Block smoke detectors
- Fire Hydrants and associated installations
- Hose Reels
- Fire suppression systems
- Procure and maintain comprehensive tools and equipment required to carry out the maintenance engineer’s function
- Ensure there is a comprehensive supply of spare parts to ensure resilience is maintained for repair of all items identified for repair/replacement
- Liaise with production maintenance department to ensure rectification of faults outside the fire departments area of authority
- Liaise with General Services maintenance department to ensure rectification of faults outside the fire departments area of authority
- Support the ERD in the event of any emergency. Respond as necessary to ensure first response appliances/equipment is serviceable for the duration of any incident.
- Following any incident ensure all resources are replenished and appliances are in a state of readiness for any emergency
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Assist in the development/review of departmental procedures and update on a continual basis.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
- Interface closely with Operations, Maintenance, and Projects for all new/modification projects, activities and equipment, in addition to interfacing with contractors to ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed by the HSE Manager.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- HSE team.
- All relevant departments operating in company PAC and remote worksites.
- Government Authorities & Ministries (Civil Defense Department)
- Basra Oil Company
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Key decisions having significant impact on emergency response matters of Block-9 are referred to the HSE Manager for approval before implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an engineering role, e.g., heavy vehicle maintenance
- 5 years’ experience in an Emergency Response organization
- Possession of a Large/Heavy Goods Vehicle Driving License (C class or above) issued in their home-country will be considered an advantage
- Fire and Rescue Service maintenance experience
- Experience in Hydraulic rescue equipment maintenance, preferably Holmatro
- Fire extinguisher maintenance qualification (NFPA/BS) or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in the Middle East, preferably Iraq
- Ability to work outside in high ambient temperatures
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organizational skills
- Self-motivated, autonomous with a can-do attitude.
- Pro-active with a solutions-based approach, and the ability to challenge and be challenged, responding in a constructive, coaching manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (MS) packages.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to build and maintain strong business relationships at all levels.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills, accustomed to working within a multi discipline organization.
- Line Manager (Dept. Manager / Section Head)
- Emergency Response Lead
- HSE Department
- Emergency Response
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.