MSELECT is looking to hire a Civil Superintendent for an international oil and gas client in Erbil, candidate must have a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in Petro-chemical environment, fluency in English and Kurdish is a must.
The Civil Superintendent will be directed primarily by the Construction Manager and the Facilities Engineering and Construction Manager. As an experienced Superintendent the individual is expected to work with limited supervision and undertake civil upgrades as required.
Key Responsibilities and Competencies would include:
- A full understanding of civil design documentation and associated Codes and Standards
- Planning of civil installation schedules and reporting on progress to line management
- Managing safety culture of all earthworks and associated operators within the job scopes
- A full understanding of the requirements of a Work Permit System and capable of working to raise and sign off such
- Supervising civil contractors to ensure work site preparation and efficiency with job scopes
- Ensure that manhours are coded to the relevant work descriptions for contractor renumeration.
- Ensure work completion in accordance with the latest revision of “Issued for Construction” (IFC) drawings
- Provide timely completion of any raised punch items
- Capable of reviewing and marking up “Asbuilt” drawings
- Checking the work and assisting in the training of less experienced field personnel Preparing daily or weekly progress reports for management
Qualification and experience required
- Essential to have a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in Petro-chemical environment
- Good communication and ability to work as part of a team
- Fluent in English language (demonstrated verbal and written skills).
- Computer literate and knowledgeable in relevant Codes and Specifications.
- Experience in large and small earth moving, civil stabilization, steel erection, building erection and completion of works on green or brown field sites
- Capable of resolving technical issues to maintain progress
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.