MSELECT is hiring a Planning & Cost Controller Section Head – HSE for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum 5 years of experience in the Planning function preferably with E&P companies and be fluent in English.
To support the HSE Department in establishing and monitoring HSE operational plans and comprehensive capital spending plans. Monitor and report on costs, improving cost efficiencies, managing materials inventory and record keeping, to ensure achievement of department and business objectives and within the approved annual budget.
HSE Operations Planning & Cost Control
- Develop the HSE departments long-term plans in alignment with the strategic planning priorities set by asset management
- Coordinate the preparation of work program and budget. Check that all supporting documents for proposed budget and related work plans are correctly prepared & amends where corrections are found necessary.
- Compile the annual work program and budget for HSE, +4Years WP&B Forecasts.
- Builds and maintain a database for all Budget operations, ensure that all cost and activities are properly inputted into the databases and Prepare performance reports as and when required by Management
- Maintains files for all HSE budgets submitted. Follows up as and when necessary
- Be in continuous coordination with Budget focal points, HSE Section Heads and other relevant employees to monitor and control all items of the HSE section of the WP&B.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of employees where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
Reporting & Performance Monitoring
- Compile information and report on the AFEs progress on a regular basis.
- Maintains and follows up on the Budget Change Request (BCR) data if applicable to each financial year.
- Compiles and prepares BCR status report and budget change for HSE manager approval as necessary
- Perform variance analysis on the budget vs. actual expenditures. Advises the HSE Manager on the variance trend and actions to be taken.
- Carry out other duties linked to WP&B such as preparing of KPIs report and preparing analysis on Work Programs and Budgets as required.
- Compile information and develop periodic reports as required and distribute to the relevant parties.
- Oversee effective data collection, information management and reporting on all HSE related activities to support decision making.
Planning and Operations Improvement
- Support/ lead benchmarking programs to ensure that the HSE operations are aligned to the industry best practices and regulations and identify any areas for improvement for management decision making.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the project policies, systems, processes and procedures, identifying potential areas of improvement, to support an efficient and effective operation.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health, security, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensure proper reconciliation of financial project data with the accounting ledgers and that all cost reports are accurate, complete and delivered in a timely manner.
- Develop Payment request forms and monthly VOWD as well as monthly contract performance reports.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- HSE Team
- Contractors, Sub-contractors and third-party service providers
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Key decisions having significant impact on planning and cost control are referred to the Planning & Cost Control Section Head - HSE for approval before implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field or equivalent related to job requirement.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Planning function preferably with E&P companies
- Knowledge of HSE
- Skilled in identifying project critical paths and project milestones.
- Strong Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Understanding of contract requirements and financing arrangements
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications needed to accomplish tasks including SAP.
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Innovative thinking
- Team building
- Team work
- Decision making skills
- Ability to be flexible and open
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a good command of the English language
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong organizing and Planning skills
- HSE Manager
- Planning & Cost Control
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.