MSELECT is hiring a Marketing Manager for an automotive client in Baghdad. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience and be fluent in Arabic and English.
Studies the dealership's customer base and the automotive retail market in the area to develop effective programs for soliciting business.
- Establishes marketing goals to ensure market share and profitability of products and/or services.
- Plans and oversees the dealership's advertising and promotional activities including print, electronic and direct mail media.
- Develops and executes monthly and annual marketing budgets.
- Develops and executes marketing plans and programs, both short and long-range, to ensure the profit growth and expansion of dealership products and/or services.
- Communicates with outside advertising agencies regarding ongoing campaigns.
- Works with writers and artists; oversees copywriting, design, layout, paste-up, and production of promotional materials.
- Creates and prepares all advertising
- Works with the dealer and general sales manager to develop upcoming ad campaigns.
- Communicates marketing efforts to all dealership employees.
- Acts as liaison with news media.
- Acts as liaison with the manufacturer regarding merchandising.
- Attends pertinent marketing/sales promotion meetings conducted by the manufacturer and dealer associations.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and share of market performance.
- Researches, analyzes and monitors financial, technological and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and to minimize the effects of competitive activity.
- Communicates with dealership employees to keep abreast of customer attitudes, demographics, buying habits etc.
- Communicates with customers to determine their needs and interests.
- Evaluates market reactions to advertising programs, media placement, and merchandising policy.
- Seeks out and uses industry sources and consumer information.
- Prepares marketing and other reports and presents them to dealership management.
- Develops surveys and other marketing tools.
- Tracks marketing results to be certain that marketing objectives are achieved within designated budgets. Takes corrective action when necessary.
- Attends monthly managers meetings.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications Education and/or Experience
- 3+ years of experience in a marketing role at a dealership
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong Communication skills
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.