MSELECT is looking to hire a Power Plant Operations Manager for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in a senior power plant management role. Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
The Post Holder, will be the Contract Accountable Manager (CAM) for the O&M contract and will be responsible for the safe and reliable operation and maintenance of PP. In addition, the post holder will be the SPA for managing interfaces with existing facilities, developments projects, and other 3rd parties such as the Iraqi power grid operator, the Ministry of Electricity (MoE).
The position holder will be required to apply proven management skills, previous experience and competencies gained from relevant roles in a variety of operating entities. The initial accountabilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Champion and Lead HSSEQ performance, standards and culture.
- Contracts Accountable Manager (CAM) responsible for the performance and delivery of the O&M Contractor in line with agreed KPI’s, ensuring required levels of reliability, availability and integrity are delivered.
- Act as focal point and SPA on the training and development of the Iraqi national Operation & Maintenance team. Manage the transition process from O&M contractor and provide assurance to verify organisational capability prior to handover.
- Coordination and leadership of key stakeholders in the continued development of PP, wider power network and associated infrastructure to optimise the performance of power supplies to the business and business value of the PP facility.
- Champion the development of positive relationships with the various parties involved in the operation, maintenance and development of PP. Demonstrate One Team behaviours.
- An Engineering degree and/or significant proven operational experience demonstrating a strong technical background.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Demonstrable record and commitment to delivering a strong HSSE performance in operation of Power Generation Plants.
- Proven track record of successful delivery in the operation and maintenance of power generation facilities gained through a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior power plant management role.
- Experience of managing contractors and suppliers in operations or projects.
- Excellent Leadership and Communication skills.
- Team player with ability to bringing alignment and a “OneTeam” culture.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.