MSELECT is hiring a Head of Marketing for a manufacturing and distribution client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in advertising and marketing and must be fluent in English and Kurdish and Arabic is a plus.
Leads the marketing department by achieving the targets of the annual operating plan by growing local preference of the company brands, packaging, and promotions. The HoM is specifically responsible for the preparation of marketing execution programs and in the building of marketing capabilities. The HoM is accountable for managing and maximizing the efficiency of marketing expenditure.
Marketing Strategy and Execution
- Develop & coordinate the deployment of marketing initiatives, according to Marketing Calendar, from strategic discussion & development, all the way to communicating it to sales force (Thematic campaigns, grassroots, promotions).
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising with all brands.
- Coordinate the development of work by local advertising & promotional agencies, as well as adaptation of the brands initiatives.
- Lead all partners in the development to launching new products: briefing, design, ingredients, approvals and ordering to distribution to markets.
- Recommend and adapt marketing best practices.
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics.
- Authorize and track spending within approved budget. Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as expenditures, research and development appropriations.
Trade Development and Channel
- Co-develop, in consultation with management, trade promotional programs & P-O-S support.
- Recommend & support the development of local packaging innovation.
- Support Business Unit team in providing local insights for long term innovations.
- Lead local analysis of all KPI’s and recommends action to improve it.
Business Strategy Development with the Brands
- Lead evaluation of marketing execution effectiveness, identify and address opportunities for improvement and share learning’s with the function.
- Anticipate marketing needs and issues and take initiative to resolve before they impact operating results.
- Evaluate advertising, positioning and platform effectiveness for all brands and feedback into the advertising development process.
Transfer Operating Capabilities
- Ensure best practices tools for the company and support management in transfer.
- Consumer KPI’s (awareness, image, preference)
- Market Budget Management
- Volume of new initiatives
- Target tools transfer completed and executed
- Leading development designs from briefing to production
Skills & Qualifications
- BA graduate in Marketing / Business Administration.
- 8 years’ experience in Advertising & Marketing
- good communication, negotiation skills, and Public Relations
- Strategic Thinker (long term)
- Team Leader
- Brand Management Experience
- Operating experience.
- Media management, Advertising Development, Promotional Development & execution
- Understanding of consumer insights
- Research development & execution
- Great negotiation and consultation skills
- Able to travel to all provinces in Iraq and out of the countries.
- Ability to set priorities and undertake new tasks quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences
- Ability to prepare reports requiring reasoning and precision of expression
- Able to work for extra-long hours when required
- Flexible, adaptable and proactive
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.