MSELECT is looking to hire a Switchyard Supervisor for a major local holding company in Sulaimaniyah, At least 4-5 years in Switch-yard Routine.The successful candidate will have excellent IT skills and experience of SCADA, Maximo CMMS, Protection IEDs and Telemetry systems.
To supervise the routine daily operation of the switchyard and eventually maintenance activities including the removal and installation of transformers, breakers, disconnecting switches, overhead line work, systems grounding, overhead bus installations, structure assembly and line upgrades to all types of power systems.
- Supervises the staff to the level assigned by senior management.
- Ensure that all safety policy and procedures are observed at all times.
- Supervises the operation routine in real time as well as the pre and post operational
- Eventually supervise maintenance of the Switch-yard.
- Ensure conformance with proper operation techniques and company policies and procedures
- Ensure proper communication with regional dispatch center (MOE) on real time
- Prepare on daily, weekly and monthly basis all SY Operational records and reports
- Prepare all the occurrences, trips and disturbance reports regarding Switch-yard and its connections.
- Prepare all the reports on operational data’s and measurements to meet dispatch center (MOE) and internal Operational Management requirement
- Require maintenance through the CMMS System (Maximo) when needed
- Through the CMMS System (Maximo) oversee routine and emergency maintenance, installation, and rebuilds for designated areas as directed.
- Performs troubleshooter responsibilities for the switch yard.
- Approve switching orders as verified by the Senior Central Control Operator as to sequence and load carrying capability.
- Undertake similar or related tasks assigned by senior management.
- Works in the SY control room for 80% and 20% of the time on walk rounds checking the smooth and efficient running of the plant by observing and recording gauges.
- Work in and around rotating equipment, high voltage electrical equipment, high noise areas, dusty areas and high elevations
- Work in all temperatures and climate conditions. Some temperatures can be extreme
- Work in confined spaces, some requiring the use of respirator protective equipment
- Performance of duties requires working rotating shifts and response to calls 24 hours/day, seven days/week.
- Emergency situations will require the use of respirator and climbing of stairs to reach safety shelters.
- Established facial hair in the sealing are of a respirator is not permitted at management’s discretion, may be assigned to maintain qualifications and skills necessary to serve on the Safety Response Team.
- A degree in an engineering discipline or a similar relevant qualification and experience.
- At least 4-5 years in Switchyard Routine. The successful candidate will have excellent IT skills and experience of SCADA, Maximo CMMS, Protection IEDs and Telemetry systems.
- Good communication skills
- Good MS office skills
- Good analytical skills