MSELECT is looking to hire an Instrument Engineer (DCS/PLC Engineer) for a major local holding company in Sulaimaniyah, 3-4 years of engineering project experience working on DCS and PLC systems/ subsystems.
To be responsible for the oversight and operation of the DCS/SCADA system within the plant functionality including expansions or enhancements to the system.
- Act as the senior contributor in controls and data management on the plant operating systems.
- Support the monitoring and control though the automated controls systems
- Identify and mitigate risks identified in the control systems through use of risk identification tools
- Provide guidance and recommendations for automated controls aspect of new projects and improvements to existing systems.
- Work on configuration and software programming of PLC and DCS system.
- Define requirements and oversee contractor execution of controls and automation projects
- Ensure proper hardware and software controls for backup and disaster recovery
- Undertake similar or related work as directed by Senior Management
Education and Skills required:
- A degree in mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 3-4+ years of engineering project experience working on DCS and PLC systems/ subsystems
- Experience with software change control in regulated environment
- Experience with processes for documentation and validation Working knowledge in:
- DCS configuration and implementation
- PLC / SCADA systems
- Network troubleshooting
- Skills required
- MS Office
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good reporting skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good communication skills