MSELECT is looking to hire a Projects Execution HSE Advisor for an oil operator to be based in Kurdistan. Minimum 15 years’ of experience with at least 5 years spent in a construction/project execution role.
The role will ensure the robust execution of field project related works (civils, construction, mechanical) with company standards and procedures that ensure safe and responsible project execution in field locations. Reporting to the role holder will be the conscience of the activity set ensuring that company’s values are visible and living in the works being undertaken.
Starting on the Kurdistan development the role holder may be asked to visit and make recommendations on other sites for project execution activities.
The role holder will also be a coach to national HSE staff, who shall be prepared to take on the role once deemed competent to do so through the company HSSE competence framework
Company Values live in field
- Working with company and contractors ensures that the company Values of Report, Intervene, Comply and Help are part of how we execute projects in comapny.
- Ensures full compliance with company’s safe working practices and EIA commitments in field.
- The conscience of the execution works with a direct reporting line on site and a reporting line to the BUHSE Manager as the functional reporting line.
Input and execution of plans
- Active input into the daily and forward plans of project execution through Permit to Work Planning meetings with Site Superintendent and site HSE resources and contractor supervisors.
- Ensures contractors HSE plans, agreed by the company, are complied with at all times.
- Engagement in forward looking risk assessments of project execution work.
- Planning and supervision of SIMOPS activities (concurrent drilling, construction and production).
Coaching and training
- To provide training and coaching for the Contractor’s safety advisors and for the contractors where required.
- Provide training and coaching for national company HSE staff developing skill sets through onsite coaching and if required formal training.
Daily work front HSE control
- Compliance requirements are understood for company Policies and standards. Monitoring of behaviors related to Life Saving Rules and ensuring violations are recorded and dealt with as per procedure.
- Focus on behaviors to promote safety culture with emphasis on company RICH value set.
- Safety meetings and contractor company pre-job safety meetings are routinely held with a focus on risk management
- High risk situations can be identified and documented and a risk mitigation approach taken
- Daily HSE inspections are routinely made
- Full and proper application of the Permit-To-Work System is in place at the site. Routine tasks not requiring PTW are fully covered with agreed and signed off procedures.
- Safety Drills are routinely and effectively carried out with lessons learned implemented to ensure improvements.
- HSE and nonconformance event investigations are properly conducted and where applicable recorded in Synergi.
- Work closely with the Contractor supervisors and management to promote a continuous improvement in HSE standards on site.
Required Qualifications & Experience
15 years HSE experience in HSE with at least 5 years spent in a construction/project execution role. Relevant degree / Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety.
- Demonstrable field based experience in project execution activities.
- Sound understanding of HSE risks and controls for onshore project execution programs including but not limited to civils works supervision, lifting and hoisting supervision (LOLER level 3 training preferred), permit to work, safety observations.
- A permit to work in project execution processes specialist.
- Working with contractors in challenging conditions (contractor personnel with substandard safety culture, terrain, weather)
- Able to identify and rectify emerging risks before they impact the project.
- Working knowledge of industry HSE standards
- Track record of developing & implementing Contractor HSSE Improvement Plans & Bridging Documents.
- Focused on risk management and mitigation activities.
- Excellent English written and presentation skills
- Capable of delivering ‘Knowledge’ and ‘Skills’ level training in HSE practices in construction related activities for input into the national coaching and development program.
- Investigation of non-compliance events as well as accidents and incidents should they occur (demonstrable knowledge of such practices through experience).
- Passionate safety leader, dedicated to full compliance with company and regulatory requirements. An HSE leader by example.
- Delivers on agreed objectives, on-time and to agreed quality without being prompted.
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to achieve results in a small organization through initiative and taking accountability
- Open communication style
- Team skills, keen to involve others and to value their input.
- Open and honest when problems arise to ensure rapid solutions are found and implemented. Ability to self-deliver when needed.
- Passion and ability to develop others.
- Ability to manage emergencies.
- Treats others with respect.