MSELECT is hiring a Petroleum Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience and be fluent in Arabic and English.
Subsurface – Water Management Team
The purpose of the role is to provide Petroleum Engineering input into the business needs of Base Management
- Well Injection Performance monitoring & Optimization
- Track and advise on on-going Well Injection Activities
- Optimize Injection on the well and CPS level
- Track Well/CPS/Pumps performance and compliance working with RMT & Operations
- Rotational role days
- To be aware of the status of all water injectors of assigned CPS and their performance, by regular monitoring of well rates and pressures.
- Initiate investigation of measurements (i.e. Well Tests, SGSs, ILTs etc) when well performance changes.
- To monitor water quality data as a potential explanation for well injection performance change.
- Wells conformance / Pumps compliance Injection Optimization and Realtime flow rate result QA/QC
- Daily well performance tracking by IVM/OPS Database
- Identifying well work opportunities and writing SORs
- To prepare JID and SOR documents in conjunction with the RMT / MEST, for any required injector testing and stimulation operations
- Monthly visits to field, wells, CPSs, well test.
- Update Prosper and GAP Models
- Tracking Clamp on/Sonar & Magflo measurements.
- CPS Injection loss tracking.
- To be aware of water injection allocation process
- Interaction with MEST, Operations, RMT, PEs and Wells.
Criteria & Qualifications
- BSc Petroleum Engineering with minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Nodal analysis understanding (PETEX software)
- Excellent user in PROSPER, GAP Model
- High level of Microsoft Excel skill, Power BI
- Water flood system understanding.
- Good communication skills (Ability to communicate with all parts of the business)
- Fluent & Competent English language
- Full understanding of all activities that take place in a field.
- At least two years’ experience in production/injection optimization.
- At least One-year experience working in the water injection operations team in an oil company.
- A good understanding of Reservoir & Well engineering
- At least two years operational experience in drilling and well work jobs
- Good skills in software, including well modelling/reservoir modelling.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.