MSELECT is looking to hire a Projects HSE Advisor for an international oil and gas client in Basrah, 10+ years of industry experience in a variety of roles that demonstrate supervisory skills in HSE supervisory roles, fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
- Projects HSE Advisor is responsible for ensuring that all Project construction and commissioning activities are delivered in compliance with HSE requirements.
- Projects HSE Advisor works closely with the Project management team to ensure Health & Safety issues are being addressed and managed appropriately.
- Projects HSE Advisor reports to the Projects HSE TL.
- Acts as the HSE advisor at the assigned location and ensure the implementation of the safety initiatives with contractors across Projects at all sites.
- Undertake daily safety inspections of the project, as required, to ensure safety compliance of contractor led activities
- Coach and influence contractor (and their sub-contractors) to ensure that safety requirements are achieved
- Provide HSE assistance to other departments as requested by HSE TL.
- Provision of specialist advice and proactive support to the Project Team on all HSE matters to enable them to effectively achieve the project HSE goals and objectives
- Ensure that HSE has the highest profile within the Project Team
- Act as the expert for all HSE aspects of risk assessments. Ensure effective application of this process at all levels.
- Establish and maintain HSE reporting system for inputs, outputs, and best practices and the analysis of same for a continuous improvement in results
- Ensure lessons learned and best practices are distributed and formal feedback (as to action taken) is provided on request
- Ensure efficiency of Control of Work System, including Permit to Work System and incident investigations with personal participation as necessary
- Provide full support for the coordination of safety related activities with the project to ensure systematic implementation of HSE managements systems
- Contractor Oversight: oversee, mentor, and inspect the contractors to ensure they are delivering all HSE requirements.
- Demonstrate a positive and pro-active commitment to HSE through the personal application of safety critical behaviours
- Support PM and HSE TL to investigate accidents and incidents on site and recommend remedial action.
- Conduct HSE site inspections/self-verifications and influence safety behaviour at the organization and major projects site operations. to provide compliance assurance of activities
- Motivate staff and contractor personnel and influence behaviour to maintain an effective workforce capable of meeting its objectives, without harm to either personnel or damage to the environment
- Nebosh General Certificate in Occupational Health and safety.
- 10+ years of industry experience in a variety of roles that demonstrate supervisory skills in HSE supervisory roles.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.