MSELECT is hiring a Senior QA/QC Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum 15 years of experience within the Oil and Gas production industry, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Quality Management processes and be fluent in English.
- Lead/direct all the Quality Management (QAQC) activities and deliverables to ensure timely completion to the required specifications, codes and standards.
- Ensure that the project meets the predefined objectives and HSSE, quality, cost and duration requirements.
- Ensure leading Quality Engineering practices, standards and guidelines are adhered to during the project execution including Mechanical Completion Pre-commissioning and Commissioning and decommissioning
- Ensure the Quality Engineering organization is adequate for the execution of the Project and increased for expanded operations in accordance with the QAQC requirements.
- Coordinate work activities across all disciplines to monitor for alignment or deviation from the functional plans with the overall project execution plan and schedule.
- Maintain a regular and a close surveillance of the construction sites and field locations.
- Create demonstrable value for management, customers and stakeholders by understanding their drivers and critical success factors.
- Coordinate with other departments to attend areas/problems which are identified and reported from the site.
- In conjunction with the construction engineers, carry out detailed auditing and surveillance of critical work scope activities, resource and materials.
- Lead Quality Engineering in one or more project teams handling multiple project responsibilities.
- Provide effective interfaces and relationships within/between other departments, stakeholders disciplines, and peers in the project teams.
- Remain engaged in Quality issues and decisions throughout Construction, Mechanical Completion, turnover, commissioning and start-up.
- Coordinate with inter disciplinary teams for smooth and timely completion of the work in accordance with the Project Execution Plan.
- Coordinate and resolve all Quality Control and Inspection related site issues that impede and hamper construction.
- Maintain a department Lessons Learned register based upon the issues encountered and the remedial actions implemented as a corrective action.
- Monitor, analyze and forecast construction execution activities for the various systems and sub systems for their alignment/deviation from the systems completions strategy.
- Provide Quality surveillance, inspections and checks to facilitate construction works. Ensure resolution of all site raised nonconformance reports, surveillance inspections and technical queries.
- Ensure field construction operations are fully supported by the timely supply of the latest approved for construction ITP’s and associated ITR’s, specifications, procedures and methodologies.
- Continually review KEIL, Contractors, Third Party and Consultant Inspection teams, all contractors’ quality procedures and documentation to ensure practical, safe and timely working.
- Monitor the three weeks look ahead schedule to identify tasks to be completed and the inspection resources which would be required for deployment for timely completion of the activities.
- Continually review of work in progress against the three weeks look ahead schedule and advise on inspection requirements including any specialist support or activities.
People & Contractor Management
- Provide technical support to ensure that all construction material, equipment and vendor packages are properly inspected on receipt, correctly maintained/preserved during storage and installed in accordance with required specifications.
- Ensure contractors compliance with the site quality plan, method statements, risk assessments, inspection and test plans and provision of quality documentation.
- Monitor the site attendance of vendor representatives where necessary, ensure that accurate records of their inspections and acceptance is maintained and recorded.
- Be a team player where recognition of team performance as a whole is of a greater priority than projecting individual contribution.
- Monitor the activities and work performed by PMC, Contractors and Suppliers ensuring that it is carried out in an efficient and effective manner, building good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Recommend training and development for team members to develop their capabilities.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of employees, providing mentoring where appropriate and assisting in their personal development.
- Develop overview of contractor’s strength and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
- Analyze statistics, trends and progress reports for quality related activities and carry out general liaison with the Site teams, attending all necessary meetings when required.
- Contribute to project CSR strategy development and execution.
Project Review, QA/QC
- Ensure quality controls and surveillance is successfully delivered, and appropriate reviews conducted.
- Carry out appropriate checks and reviews of quality control and inspection requirement for timely construction of the works.
- Conduct feasibility studies and assessment of new technologies and inspection techniques, adopt them where relevant and effective/beneficial to the project.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Capture/apply internal and external learning, including HSE and Quality improvements.
- Develop / share best practices, work processes, system and tools, based on experience gained in a portfolio of independent projects.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Comply with all relevant health, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment. Participate in HAZIDs, HAZOPs, and other process safety and HSE reviews if required.
- Familiar with all aspects of HSE Management Systems, including safe systems of work, SIMOPs and personal safety.
- Encourage safety innovations among the contractors and participate in site safety inspections, presentations and awards if required.
- Contribute to the preparation of clear, timely and accurate reports to meet project production requirements, policies and standards.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Facilities team
- O & M Team
- Asset team - Asset Management Team,
- Contracts & Procurement, Offloading Station teams
- Client Engineering team based at FEED or EPC contractors
- Utility & service providers
- Contractors, Vendors & Service providers
- Government Officials
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Assess, evaluate and propose solutions in the areas of Quality Assurance, Quality Control, surveillance monitoring and support.
- Key decisions having significant impact on construction related aspects are referred to Project Manager, Project Quality Manager, Construction manager and Engineering Team Lead.
- Decisions limited to the scope of the execution of the project, consults with their line manager on decisions which may affect the project scope and cost.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Certification in Quality Management processes and/or suitable academic qualifications associated with scope of project delivery with 10 years demonstrated experience.
- Minimum 15 years of experience within the Oil and Gas production industry, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Quality Management processes.
- Work experience in the MENA Region, preferably including Iraq.
- Demonstrated Project Quality Management roles of at least two USD 50 million plus capital projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- ISO9001: Lead Auditor (preferred)
- Certification from professional body (CSWIP/EWE/IQA/TWI)
- Experienced in fabrication, welding and inspection requirements
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
Job-Specific Skills: Behavioral
- Be able to work in a team environment and handle multiple project responsibilities
- Ability to analyze problems and develop pragmatic concepts and solutions.
- Good communicator with experience in leading and directing inspection teams, interfacing with the contractors and third parties.
Job-Specific Skills: Technical
- This position requires a good all-round knowledge of oil and gas facilities.
- Awareness of the project scope and other disciplines.
- Thorough understanding of the project Quality Management and Completions Management Systems.
- Awareness of systematic application of the Quality support to projects.
- Quality Section Head (Projects)
- Surface Facilities
- Quality Management
Number of staffs supervised
- Total: 20+ (including Third Party Inspection personnel)
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.