MSELECT is looking to hire a Lead Process Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience, preferably experience in recent large oil & gas fields projects in Iraq and be fluent in English.
Receive and act general guidance, objectives and some specific work assignments from the Engineering Manager. Act as the technical authority and focal point for engineering issues related to process engineering. On behalf of company take the responsibility for process engineering throughout the engineering, procurement, construction installation and commissioning stages of the Surface Facilities Projects. Coordinate among Facility teams, in the company, with PMC and Contactors.
- Receive and act work arrangement and in conjunction with the Lead Process Engineer assigns priorities.
- Review design for completeness and coherence in the discipline and with other disciplines.
- Identify potential errors, omissions or risks in the design basis and participate in preparation of design.
- Identify problems needing the involvement of specialists, define and organize required specialist involvement.
- Assess impact of proposed technical changes in the discipline.
- Review design and make recommendations for improvement.
- Review and / or issue design change notices for approval by engineering manager.
- Attend/Chair all design review events (HAZID, HAZOP, Peer Reviews, etc.) with Project Management team and Contractor as necessary.
- Assist in the development of technical solutions for areas of conflict or concern identified during design review.
- Quality control of the Process engineering.
- Support the project control to prepare plans and schedules.
- Analyze and/or review the Process discipline progress reports against the schedule and inform of any foreseeable delay.
- Participate in the technical workshop and technical reviewing meeting with Contractor and BOC.
- Coordinate and Assist PMC and the contractor in developing/reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans when progress slipping and ensures needed action plans are implemented.
- Provide Process discipline progress report and contractor’s performance to Lead Process Engineer.
- Prepare reply to technical and field queries.
- Assist site with technical advice upon request of site.
- Work at site under company standard security policy.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Frequent contacts with Team Leader(s) and other Engineer(s).
- Frequent contacts with other Departments.
- Regular contacts with engineers of Suppliers and Contractors.
- Frequent contacts with Process Discipline Leaders of Contractors and LLI Vendors.
- Frequent visit to site to support site construction and production.
- Regular contacts with PMC, EPC and LLI Contractor Management.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Master’s degree of Chemical Engineering and Technology.
- Proven experience in oil and gas industry.
- Working in tough situation.
- Over 10 years’ experience, preferably experience in recent large oil & gas fields projects in Iraq.
- Previous experience in a large intercultural environment is preferred.
Knowledge, skills & Attributes
- Extensive familiarity with the applicable standards.
- Extensive familiarity with the process simulation software.
- Extensive familiarity with oil & gas treatment process in all cases, including normal, emergency, start-up, shut down, etc.
- Proven ability to perform in a senior process capacity, possess good written and oral communications and presentation skills, and have a thorough of industry practices and regulations.
- Good team member and forthcoming to support the section with additional task requests as necessary.
- Proactive and positive attitude willing to closely follow up and push issues to a successful resolution.
- Strong analytical, tactical and strategic thinking skills with a bias towards action.
- Self-Starter with strong work ethic, and great time management and communication skills
- Fluent in English oral and writing.
- Engineering Manager
- Surface Facilities Project
- Engineering Service
- USD 1,000,000,000 plus (Overall Project)
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.