Our client is seeking a Human Resources Manager to provide consultancy, support and strategy at every level of the business to be based in the Erbil office. This candidate will help the business with strategic direction across the full spectrum of HRM.
The successful incumbent must be able to operate effectively across the full range of HR disciplines and be able to work with internal managers/colleagues at all levels across the business together with an extensive list of external clients. This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with the business on a broad range of interesting and challenging initiatives.
- Act as an HR partner for aligned areas. Build and maintain strong relationships with clients across industries, demonstrating the appropriate flexibility of style to work with different clients, at all levels.
- Act as a key point of contact to clients and provide guidance and recommendations on aspects of policy and people management.
- Work with other HR team members to ensure seamless client coverage at all times.
- Proactively partner with the business and the internal recruitment team on recruitment activities, including identifying processes.
- Partner with and, where appropriate, influence managers to ensure they are hiring the right calibre of candidates.
- Work with managers and the HR team to determine appropriate compensation levels for new hires.
- Advise external clients and employees on mobility and international transfer issues as required. Working with Tax, immigration, Compliance and local Employment Law.
- Work with the business to interpret and apply internal business policies and procedures.
- Advise and coach managers across a wide range of employee relations issues taking into account best practice, legislative framework and commercial outcome.
- Liaise with in-house Legal advisors where necessary.
Create a data system within the HR team to provide appropriate and timely management data and presenting this to the business and external clients as required.
- Manage the performance review process for the business
- Ensure changes to the cyclical performance evaluation process are introduced and understood by the business
- Intervene on any evaluation summaries to reflect performance issues and advise managers on appropriate wording where necessary.
- Manage a seamless promotion process, including the provision of metrics, training managers on form completion, advising team members to ensure a fair, robust and transparent process.
Reward and Compensation
- Work collaboratively with managers and the HR team during the annual Year End compensation processes.
- Advise managers to ensure appropriate compensation decisions are made based upon performance, promotion etc.
- Stay abreast of market developments to ensure ability to proactively provide business with valuable market insight.
- Conducting quarterly audits to ensure data is accurate and reliable.
- Advising managers and external clients on compensation structures.
- Conducting an annual salary survey across industries.
Learning & Development
- Work with the internal Learning and Development team to manage the capability matrix.
- Identify learning gaps for internal employees and propose development plans.
- Provide HR advisory across the full HRM spectrum to external clients in a consultancy capacity.
- Write proposals of recommended HR systems for external clients.
- Perform commercial analysis of HR services offered to clients.
- Expert point of contact in Iraqi Labour Law for clients.
- Attends regular meetings with key clients
- Manage and maintain the HR system with the HR team.
- Control the electronics filing system and propose document control improvements where required.
- Degree educated
- CIPD qualification preferred
- Strong foundation of HR generalist experience gained within a corporate environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to build relationships with employees at all levels
- Methodical, rational and logical approach to problem solving
- High level of attention to detail
- Compensation/data experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Willingness to seek and identify alternative solutions when faced with an obstacle
Ability to take ownership, to work autonomously and willingness to be accountable whilst aware of own limitations and of when to seek guidance from more experienced colleagues
- Strong team ethic and proven ability to work collaboratively
- Flexible and professional approach
- Ability to manage expectations of clients and colleagues
- Ability to operate effectively within an organisation
- Focus on excellence and delivery to clients
- High standards of integrity
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.