MSELECT is looking to hire an Anti-Money Laundering Assistant Manager for an International Bank in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in banking. Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish is a must, Turkish is a plus.
The AML Assistant Manager is responsible for leading, developing and overseeing the operational performance of the AML Team. They work to protect customers and the society as well ensure to fulfilling regulatory and statutory obligations in respect of anti-money laundering, sanctions and counter terrorist financing activities.
- Help to shape an environment where everyone is accountable for financial crime and raise the profile of the department. They are also collaborated other business areas to support their understanding of financial crime in order to mitigate risk for the business.
- Produce, enhance and automate (as required) reporting tools and Management Information materials.
- Be effective in finding data from a number of sources/systems and accurately transfer Maintain personal compliance of operational and regulatory risk.
- Identify systemic procedural weaknesses and escalate to the Head of Transaction Monitoring.
Skills and Attributes
- At least 30 years old.
- Having an associate degree in Economics, Business Administration, Financial Management, Business Management, Accounting, Finance and Banking Sciences.
- Banking Experience for at least 3 years.
- Strong written and presentation skills (English, Arabic, Kurdish preferably Turkish).
- Transaction monitoring experience across both auto and manual alerts and all customer types (retail, commercial and business).
- Strong understanding of financial markets, financial instruments and debt instruments.
- Ability to work autonomously and be part of the broader team.
- Appropriate handling of sensitive information.
- Excellent time management and organizational ability.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Team player with the ability to communicate and coordinate with multiple parties.
- Intermediate to advanced computer software skills, including Excel and other accounting packages.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.