International oil & gas operator in Kurdistan is looking for a Diesel Mechanic Technician with min 10 years’ industry experience.
Provides hands-on troubleshooting, repair, maintenance and overhaul of Diesel Engine Power Generation Units within the petrochemical industry in a manner which assures minimum downtime of equipment.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, maintains and overhauls diesel engines power generation unit by using technical data such as OEM and technical drawings.
- Hands-on repairs and overhauls of Cummins, Perkins, CAT and Kubota diesel engines.
- Identifies and orders spare parts, supplies, tools and equipment needed in the repair, maintenance and overhaul of diesel engine power generation units.
- Utilize diagnostic equipment to fault find and identify defect.
- Develops and implements preventative maintenance programs for diesel engine power generation units.
- Plan, organize and execute minor and major overhauls on diesel engines in accordance with the preventative maintenance program.
- Provide supervision and training of local personnel.
- Observe all safety procedures and company policies.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge and experience working on diesel engines power generation units.
- Engineering Diploma as a minimum.
- Served Technical Apprenticeship with a recognized International Diesel Engine Service Provider.
- Must have excellent knowledge of Cummins and Perkins Diesel Engines.
- Minimum of 10 years of mechanical experience in the petrochemical industry.
- Computer competency a must.
- H2S experience preferred
- KRG experience preferred.
- Ability to work effectively within team of operations and maintenance.
- Ability to work with multinational workforce.
- Willingness to work on shift/rotation schedule.
- Proven track record of training national staff while completing multiple tasks.
- Read/Write/Speak English language required.