Electrical Supervisor with 12 years of experience is required for our international Oil & Gas client in Kurdistan. Candidates with ATEX or AEP certificate are preferred.
Responsible to Maintenance Superintendent for the planning, review, creation and execution of all electrically related maintenance activities on Sulaymaniyah’s installations in accordance with both local and industry standards. Responsible for the day to day running of the electrical department in both a supervisory and hands on capacity. Leads the troubleshooting and fault finding on electrical equipment/systems. Authorized electrical person for 11 kV switching. Develops electrical maintenance procedures, job plans and work instructions.
- Directs all electrical maintenance activities at Sulaymaniyah LPG recovery plant.
- Understand technical Governmental and Company rules, regulations and procedures.
- Understand Sulaymaniyah’s maintenance strategy and philosophy and participates in the development/ implementation of condition monitoring procedures/routines.
- Acts as a performing authority and carries out electrical isolations under Sulaymaniyah’s Permit to Work system. Prepare Task application for work permits and understands and implements the permit conditions prior to commencement of work.
- Develops risk assessments, leads safety and toolbox meetings.
- Acts as a team-player in the multifunctional operations and maintenance team.
- Promotes HSE culture.
- Utilize troubleshooting skills to solve electrical and related problems both independently and in liaison with other departments.
- Supervises third party inspections, where applicable.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of HV electrical system and power generation.
- Lead the development and implementation of procedures and work instructions for the completion of electrical related tasks.
- Checks the functionality of equipment and measuring instruments.
- Conversant with CMMS including preparation of material requisition and work order management and materials and warehousing.
- Assists in mentoring, training, and appraising maintenance personnel.
- Ensures that plant and equipment is maintained according to compliance and integrity standards in order to meet expected reliability and ‘uptime’ Key Performance Indicators.
- Liaises closely with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering teams in activity planning, MOC development and cost control.
- Ensures that all activities are accurately recorded in the maintenance management system, providing all necessary reports.
- Identify/suggest ideas to improve performance within Electrical department.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Electrical Engineering qualification. Preferred candidate with HV switching certificate, ATEX certificate, AEP certified
Minimum Professional Experience Required
- Proven experienced in working with EX rated equipment.
- At least 12 years’ experience in the oil & gas and/or related industries.
Special Requirements and Conditions
- Must be physically fit, able to work under severe weather conditions and able to climb ladders and stair cases to elevated work platforms to monitor/repair electrical equipment.
- Good experience with OJT.
- Time management
- Problem solving skills
- Certified Electrical person with experience in High voltage systems and power generation.
- Knowledge of electrical/system functions, drawings including HV, switch gear equipment.
- Development on SLD and as built electrical drawings.
- Maintain and improve electrical equipment availability and reliability.
- Authorized as performing authority in Permit to Work (PTW) system.
- Good Leadership skill.
- Competent to carry out LV and HV electrical isolation.
- Good working knowledge of MS office.
- Analytical skills to identify and resolve electrical related problems
- Awareness of emergency response plans.
- Strong working knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems (such as Maximo) and Integrity (risk based) maintenance procedures
- Fully experienced in working with safety and basic understanding of local safety management legislation
- Experienced with oil and gas production equipment and utility systems including pumps, compressors, power generation and related electrical process control loops and systems