MSELECT is looking to hire a Civil/ Structural Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 15 years of civil engineering experience in Oil and Gas Facilities. English fluency is a must.
- Receive and act general guidance, objectives and some specific work assignments from the Engineering Manager.
- Act as the technical authority and focal point for engineering issues related to civil engineering.
- Take the responsibility for civil engineering throughout the engineering, procurement, construction installation and commissioning stages of the Surface Facilities Projects.
- Provide high quality civil/structural solutions for existing and planned surface facilities.
- Coordinate among Facility teams, in the company, with PMC and Contactors.
- Receive and act work arrangement and in conjunction with the Engineering Manager assigns priorities.
- Review design for completeness and coherence in the discipline and with other disciplines.
- Identify potential errors, omissions or risks in the design basis and participate in preparation of design.
- Identify problems needing the involvement of specialists, define and organize required specialist involvement.
- Assess impact of proposed technical changes in the discipline.
- Review design and make recommendations for improvement.
- Review and / or issue design change notices for approval by engineering manager.
- Attend/Chair all design review events (HAZID, HAZOP, Peer Reviews, etc.) with Project Management team and Contractor as necessary.
- Assist in the development of technical solutions for areas of conflict or concern identified during design review.
- Quality control of the Civil engineering.
- Support the project control to prepare plans and schedules.
- Analyze and/or review the Civil discipline progress reports against the schedule and inform of any foreseeable delay.
- Participate in the technical workshop and technical reviewing meeting with Contractors and BOC.
- Coordinate and Assist PMC and the contractor in developing/reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans when progress slipping and ensures needed action plans are implemented.
- Provide Civil discipline progress report and contractor’s performance to Lead Civil Engineer.
- Prepare reply to technical and field queries.
- Assist site with technical advice upon request of site.
- Work at site under company’s standard security policy.
- Provide and review civil/structural studies and design solutions for new and existing facilities, including geotechnical studies, warehouse and laydown areas, buildings, pipeline and flowline routings, foundations, piling, evaporation ponds, towers, infrastructure planning, etc.
- Participate in technical review of new projects, facilities upgrade etc., including scope of work, Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), electrical load list, key one-line diagrams, etc.
- Conduct civil/structural feasibility studies for various oil and gas facilities projects.
- Conduct other similar or related duties such as reviewing of project proposals; attending technical meetings; carrying out site visits.
- Comply with all relevant HSE management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment. Participate in HAZIDs, HAZOPs, and other HSE reviews.
- Assist in civil engineering trouble shooting and prepare proposals for resolving road and civil/structural maintenance and improve checks and procedures.
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Contribute to the preparation of clear, timely and accurate reports.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Frequent contacts with Team Leader(s) and other Engineer(s).
- Frequent contacts with other Departments.
- Frequent contacts with Civil Discipline Leaders of Contractors, Vendors and Suppliers.
- Frequent visit to site to support site construction and production.
- Regular contacts with PMC, EPC and LLI Contractor Management.
- Regular contacts with engineers of Suppliers and Contractors.
- Government Officials.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree of Chemical Engineering and Technology.
- Proven experience in oil and gas industry.
- Working in tough situation.
- Minimum of 15 years civil engineering experience in Oil and Gas Facilities
- Work experience in the MENA Region; Iraq experience is preferred.
- High general civil/structural engineering skills; hands on knowledge of key discipline tools.
- Ability to analyze problems, and develop pragmatic concepts and solutions.
- Good team player, effective communicator and able to work independently.
- Ability to steer and oversee contractors’ contributions.
- Good knowledge of geotechnical studies, local site conditions and civil and structural calculations.
- Infrastructure Section Head
- Surface Facilities
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.