MSELECT is looking to hire a Finance Supervisor for a real estate client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in the field of finance. Fluency in English and Kurdish is a must, Arabic is a plus.
The Finance & Accounting Supervisor position will be covering and managing the business’s accounting and finance related matters. As a secondary task the Finance & Accounting Supervisor will also oversee and carry out the company’s document controlling activities.
- Oversees all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants, reports all necessary increases and decreases in wages to company’s management.
- Maintains professional and ethical standards and follows conflict of interest and confidentiality policies.
- Manages company financial reporting (balance sheets, income statement, etc.) and oversees the daily book-keeping activities. Reports directly to company senior management.
- Responsible for presenting and reporting accurate historical financial information, on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Creates financial and accounting systems and policies for the company.
- Implements proper accounting software at the company (for example QuickBooks).
- Performs cost control on company’s projects and operations.
- Provides timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts when necessary.
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the organization, including salaries, expenses, promotions, taxes etc.
- Provides executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities and any associated risks.
- Provides recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities, plays a key role in company’s financial management in terms of cash allocation and expenditure planning and forecasting.
- Balances and audits all company finances, monitors all cash balances, loans, and banking activities, in conjunction with company’s management.
- Assists in decisions regarding employment, performance appraisals, training and development, salary recommendations, promotions and transfers in conjunction with Director of Human Resources and company’s management.
- Addresses issues regarding liquidity and financial contingencies.
- Tracks all invoices and maintains a comprehensive and organized record and filing system.
- Coordinates with all senior managements to ensure all imported and exported goods and services are paid.
- Takes on any other finance related assignment assigned by company’s management.
- Prepares all necessary financial statements and reports for the company.
- Preferably Master’s degree in the field of finance and accounting
- Minimum 5 years of active work experience in the field of finance.
- In-depth knowledge of local and international financial practices
- Strong command in Kurdish and English is a necessity, Arabic is a plus.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process