MSELECT is looking to hire 3 HSE Technicians for a major international oil & gas company to be based in Kurdistan. Min 2 years’ of exp.
- Leading by example through demonstration of HSE Critical Behaviors.
- Active participation in Incident and Investigation processes, including Lessons Learned from Incidents.
- Participating in HSE audits, inspections and reviews.
- Supporting / Participating in Emergency Drills and Exercises as required.
- Reporting all Accidents/ Incidents and Unsafe Acts/ Conditions in a timely manner.
- Assist in the production and revisions of Standard Operating Procedures, Operational Instructions, HSE Policies and Procedures.
- Assist in the review and production of Risk Assessments, Job Safety Analysis and ensure their application in the workplace.
- Take an active role during Tool Box Talks.
- Assistance and support to departmental heads in the development of their respective HSE Meetings.
- Supporting HSE aspects in the Permit to Work processes.
- Implementation of risk reduction & mitigation measures as identified.
- Actively monitor HSE aspects of all processes and documentation.
- Actively promote the use of corporate HSE compliance monitoring tools.
- Implement behavioral safety improvement initiatives, with the focus to develop an intervention culture.
- Monitoring compliance with the company’s’ Safety Management Systems.
- Carry out HSE Safety Inductions as required
- Carry out daily duties as assigned, by Line Manager.
- Recognized qualification in Health and Safety / Environmental Management, at least at certificate level.(NEBOSH)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Computer literate with ability to use Microsoft: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- English language level of Upper Intermediate. (Good oral and written skills)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- A commitment to being a team player and a genuine commitment to the HSE department.
- A proactive attitude to supporting cultural / behavioral change.
- Strong sense of work ethic and commitment to the company.
- Be able to follow direction from Line Manager.
- Flexible approach to working day and night shifts.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good presentation and report writing skills.
- Good English Language skills (Oral & Written).
- Experience and knowledge related to drilling and oil and gas production operations.
- Understanding of emergency response principles and their practical implementation.
Please note due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.