MSELECT is hiring a Well Services Engineering Section Head for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 20 years of land-based Well Services & Completions experience in a lead technical role with an E & P operating company and be fluent in English.
POSITION OBJECTIVE / PURPOSE
The Well Services Senior Engineer is a result driven candidate who is company engineering division lead for all rig-based and rigless operations. He/she is the lead technical authority for all Well Services related activities such as the following:
- Rig-Based Completions, Well Testing (including DST), Remedial Cement, Fishing, Filtration & heavy-weight brines, Coiled Tubing, Slickline and Wireline.
- Rigless thru-tubing intervention activities such as Coiled Tubing, Well Testing & Flowback, Slickline, Wireline and Well Integrity.
The position will be office based with occasional site visits. Position is also rotational and will cover all well services activities performed across two operating blocks. The successful candidate understands that he/she will be technically accountable for a very broad scope of work that will ensure the continued and uninterrupted operations of a multi-rig drilling & completion campaign, heavy workover targets and a multi-discipline rigless intervention program. He/she will work closely with the various company stakeholders and with all other contractors and service companies, to ensure the safe and successful completion of all operations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide technical leadership & guidance for all Completions and Well Services activities for both high-pressure and low-pressure reservoir targets.
- Ensures the correct design and subsequent job program for all Well Services and Completion activities. Candidate is responsible for the design and subsequent updates to existing designs for all surface and sub-surface completion related equipment.
- Owns the engineering improvement process and maintains a knowledgebase for all activities, ensuring that captured lessons learned criteria are implemented on a go forward basis.
- Ensure that all Completions & Well Services activities: are compliant with, and reflect the needs of, all completion and surveillance SOR’s, are within budgetary guidelines, reside within the framework of service contracts and represent no risk for future cost recovery, reflect a best-in-class mindset with a keen eye to present and future efficiencies, and with objectives that can be realistically achieved with little to no risk to the operating asset.
SPECIFIC HSE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for job design, ensuring all activities are implemented in accordance with company HSSE standards and expectations with close attention to all well control aspects of the same.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and company standards & procedures.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS / AREAS
- Coordinates the design, procurement, implementation, after action review and improvement follow up of well completions, including downhole artificial lift options
- Provides solutions and alternatives for all Well Services related activities and is accountable for the engineering process of the same.
- Ensures that all Well Services and Completions activities are based on industry best practices, known industry and regional guidelines and reflect the least-risk probability for the desired service
REPORTING & LIASON
- Engineering department performance, optimization, and post-operational engineering reviews.
- Technical liaison with all service companies to ensure deliverability of correct treatments/services.
- Principal owner of the well services department lessons learned from previous & ongoing operations and works cooperatively with the well services operation’s division on NPT tracking, NCR investigations and subsequent close-out of the same.
TEAM BUILDING & PERSONNEL
- Supervision and monitoring of all company Well Services Engineers and on the performance of all 3rd party rig / rigless completion, well engineering and well intervention operations.
- Developing team building with all company and 3rd party service contractor stakeholders to create and promote a culture of openness, involvement, and participation.
- Responsible for the coaching/mentoring and training of any subordinate company staff.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- A minimum of 20 years of land-based Well Services & Completions experience with demonstrable and positive experience in a lead technical role with an E & P operating company
- Broad experience working in high-pressure and high-temperature (HPHT) Oil and Gas wells with excellent knowledge and awareness of associated engineering challenges related to the same.
- Candidate is considered an industry expert with several of the following Well Services disciplines: Coiled Tubing, Well Testing, Slickline, Wireline, Filtration & Brines, Completions, Cement, Stimulation and Fishing.
- Candidate is technically proficient – with a keen eye on cost-control - and able to present his/her ideas in a clear and concise manner to a very broad audience across several disciplines.
- Very strong technical, computational, operational, and planning abilities coupled with sound decision-making skills. Candidate must be operationally aware of the activities being programmed by subordinates.
- Must have broad and ample experience working in multicultural environments.
- Candidate is a self-motivated individual with very strong communication & interpersonal skills, leading an engineering team of varying disciplines under stressful environmental and operational conditions.
OTHER POSITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum BSc post-secondary degree.
- Candidate will have considerable experience with the Microsoft Office platform (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and be adept at designing templates and documents based on the same.
- Candidate must have extensive experience as a document writer and be able to frame, write and implement department-level policies, procedures, guidelines, and forms.
- Extensive experience with various 3rd party simulation/monitoring packages such as OpenWells, WellCat, Cerberus, Perform, Prosper and others.
- Candidate must be fluent in the English language and able to speak & write accurately & effectively
- A valid IWCF Level-4 Well Control Certificate in API units is required.
KEY INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Well Services, Sub-Surface, Drilling, Production, Contracts, Surface Facilities
KEY EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Well Services contractors and their sub-contractors
- Service supply companies
- Well Services
- Well Services Manager
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process