MSELECT is hiring a Contracts Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English, Kurdish, and Arabic.
Implement, support development, and sustain full compliance with all aspects of company corporate Contracting and Procurement Policy and procedures.
Responsibilities and Key Objectives
- Assist Snr. Contracts Eng. In day-to-day tasks in accordance with SCM Pre-and Post- Award C & P procedures.
- Promote the Contracts function as a managed process within FEC / Development
- Conduct the job in a way that best optimizes Company’s HSE performance, reputation & profitability
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with suppliers and service providers in order to secure positive, constructive and cost-effective commercial agreements for the Company
- Asist to execute contracting strategy with to serve & protect Company’s best commercial interest
- Maintain accurate record keeping and files.
- Adopt and maintain compliance with ERP (EAM) contracts and procurement management system
- Compile issue and administer ‘Invitation to Tender’ packages to procure the most realistic and commercially attractive proposals from potential contractors/suppliers. (This includes reviewing and compiling the technical part of the ITT package based on input received from Technician & providing commercially relevant advice)
- Assist to draft and finalize appropriate contractual and commercial terms & conditions to best serve & protect Company’s interests
- Assist in reviewing bids, participate in clarifications, conduct negotiations and administer the award of contracts & contract amendments and provision of feedback to bidders
- Assist in ensuring all contracting activities meet audit requirements in compliance with Company policies and procedures and Kurdistan legislation in order to minimize any potential partner/audit claims or court actions
- Monitor contractors’ performance, promoting & attending service quality meetings, recording results and participating in supplier relationship management & supplier performance management activities.
- Assist, when required the Supply Chain Manager in aspects of the regular MNR meeting to ensure that the SCM agenda is properly presented and followed-up.
Financial / budget responsibility
- Technical or Business graduate or CIPS equivalent
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- High awareness of HSE prioritization.
- Knowledge & understanding of procurement processes including ethical principles; bidder prequalification; invitation to tender; comparative evaluation of contractors; & award, management, amendment & close out of contracts
- Demonstrable general knowledge & understanding of the technologies utilized by oil and gas operators.
- General knowledge of commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting the Company in general, & “in depth” understanding where relevant to contracts for works, goods & services
- Knowledge & understanding of model contract conditions in use by the Company with particular emphasis on the liability, indemnity & insurances regime applied by the Company
- In depth knowledge & understanding of different means of contractor remuneration & their commercial implications, practical experience of their use, & sound ability to select & draft appropriate provisions
- Basic understanding of the technical domain in which the job-holder’s clients operate
- Understanding of the specific supply market relating to the domain in which the job-holder’s clients operate
- General knowledge & understanding of Company’s business functions, with “in depth” understanding of the Contracts function & how it adds value, and a commitment to deliver added value
- Ability & willingness to facilitate/chair any meetings required to conduct the activities of the job
- Ability & willingness to effectively challenge the views of contractors & clients, and negotiate reasonable settlements whilst maintaining good relationships & sharing expertise & knowledge as appropriate
- Snr. Contracts Eng. / Supply Chain Manager
- FEC / Development Dept.
- Contractors & Suppliers
- MNR AVL
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process