MSELECT is hiring a Reservoir Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English.
Participates in reservoir testing, evaluation and interpretation activities and recommends optimum methods of field development planning, performance monitoring and surveillance activities. Ensures final reporting and well-file updating for all analyses and field data and coordinates data, input and information exchanges with other concerned sections. Construct/update Dynamic models under supervision of senior Res.
Key responsibilities and deliverables:
- Interpret field and individual well performance, trends using the appropriate and / or latest technique to ensure optimum and economical petroleum resources production.
- Support delivery of petroleum resources production allocation and volume balance reports to management.
- Participate in technical review or collaborative study on reservoir management & studies as per management request.
- Analyze the reservoir characterization required for evaluating petroleum reserves.
- Develop field development plan & reservoir management strategy by using reservoir simulation model.
- Support reservoir surveillances operation and analyse surveillances data & results to formulate the production constraint mitigation strategy/plan and recommendations to increase asset value.
- Assist Senior RE to prepare Resource Assessment section's CAPEX & OPEX forecast for WP&B.
- Keep abreast of new technology and integrate innovative technology, to apply for production enhancement opportunities.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with well services, Drilling, Project, Production & Operation sections.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Follow all relevant company’s health, security, safety and environmental policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure Health and Safety compliance in all aspects of work by applying them on self, others and corporate assets.
People & Contractor Management
- Support in technical evaluation and verification of contractors’ pre-qualification documents and assessment of each contactor’s capabilities, to ensure selection of appropriately qualified contractors at the optimum price and required standards.
- Provide specialized support during the execution of contracts to ensure that both contracting parties fulfil their obligations.
- Assist in invoices verification related to Fluid analysis, well testing.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for the continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices to increase productivity and operational efficiency.
- Implement all relevant policies, processes, procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Contribute to the preparation of timely and accurate reports to meet Reservoir Engineering section requirements, policies and standards.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Operations and Maintenance team, Well services, Surface Facilities
- Asset Management Team, Contracts & Procurement
- Basra Oil Company
- Vendors & Contractors
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- The jobholder exercises operational authority as per the level established by the company’s management and stipulated in the authority matrix
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A bachelor’s degree in Petroleum/ Chemical/ Reservoir engineering. A Master’s degree in reservoir engineering would be preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a related field, Oil and Gas sector is preferred
- Possess knowledge in the technology inventory of; Reservoir Rock & Fluid Characterization, Well Test Design and Pressure Transient Analysis, Well Performance and Production Operation, Reservoir Performance and Resource Estimation, Reservoir Modelling and Simulation, and Depletion Strategy and Drive Mechanism.
- Possess strong analytical skill and effectively communicate technical data
- Experienced user of industry standard software, e.g. Prosper, MBAL, PVTp or PVTi, Saphir, and Eclipse & Petrel RE.
- Knowledge of oilfield operations.
- Risk and opportunity management
- Reserve/volumetric estimation
- Experience in producing documents and reports for investment community.
- Highly proficient in research, analysis, presentation and reporting skills.
- Communication skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Innovative thinking,
- Change management
- Attention to detail
- Techno-commercial acumen
- Reservoir Engineering Section Head, Subsurface Manager
- Reservoir Engineering
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process