MSELECT is looking to hire a Procurement Officer for a manufacturing client in Baghdad. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the FMCG industry and be fluent in Arabic and English.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Verify procurement requisitions by checking/comparing items requested to supplier offers, procurement records; available in stock; clarify unclear items/specifications; recommend alternatives and ensure approvals are made available prior raising a Purchase Order.
- Write and review product specifications, maintain a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be procured.
- Report available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
- Prepare purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtain approval from requisitioning department.
- Obtain procured items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitor and expedite orders, monitor shipments and arrange and follow up all shipping and logistical operations and formalities.
- Maintain, review, communicate and resolve order claims pertaining to non-compliance in volumes, standards or quality. Make debit request if necessary.
- Facilitate and communicate return to suppliers of goods which are over-delivered, of wrong specifications, noncompliant or damaged.
- Verify receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolve delivery errors with suppliers.
- Prepare payment requests with receipt and quality approval documentations and ensure that they are paid on time.
- Keep information accessible by sorting and filing documents and communication records to the related orders.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplish procurement and organizational tasks by completing related results as needed.
- Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items procured, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories.
- Review catalogs, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals, and Internet sites, and consult with other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services.
- Arrange the payment of duty and freight charges.
- Research and source new items and suppliers from both local and global market.
- Facilitate customs clearance when need arises.
- Perform other related duties assigned by the Line Managers.
Requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in related filed.
- Degree in accounting, business management or a similar field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience as a procurement officer or in a similar position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software (Excel skills is mandatory).
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Knowledge on the principles and applications associated with procurement, logistics and warehouse.
- Skills – organizational, interpersonal, time management, computer, written and verbal communication in English
- Cultural awareness / valuing diversity, teamwork and cooperation, results orientation, accountability, customer focus
- FMCG industry experience (Tobacco, Food, Soft Drinks & Beverage . . . etc.) is a preferable.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process