MSELECT is looking to hire an Emergency Response Team Leader for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of Oil & Gas industry experience or civil firefighting and be fluent in English.
This role forms part of the management team, overseeing the efficient, effective and economic provision of the Emergency Response Department to the facility. Ensuring that personnel and equipment are suitably trained, equipped and maintained to provide an emergency response capability to the facility. Providing timely and accurate reports to the management chain as required. Supporting the efficient rotation of personnel as required. To represent company in a professional manner at all times, setting an example for others.
- Assist with the development, building and provision of the Emergency Response (ER) within the concession area of Basra.
- Deputize for the Emergency Response Lead in his absence
- Provide an appropriate level of Operational Support as required for all events or functional drills/exercises
- Supervisory Task Level - During emergencies adopts the role of On Scene Commander until the arrival of the Emergency Response Lead (in accordance with company Emergency Response Plan). Then support Emergency Response Lead in the management of the incident.
- Command Level - Adopt the role of Emergency Response Lead if he is unable to fulfil the role during emergencies
- Support On-Scene Commander at emergencies and exercises as required
- Compile monthly reconciliation records as required, e.g. Manpower Claim, Petty Cash, etc.
- Compile ER Daily/weekly/monthly reports
- Supervise shift day to day activities – ensure service continuity and discipline
- Coordinate by arranging, supervising and/or conducting fire safety inspections
- Coordinate by arranging, supervising and/or conducting internal ER Training
- Coordinate by arranging, supervising and/or conducting external fire safety training
- Coordinate by arranging, supervising and/or conducting fire water main inspections
- Coordinate by arranging, supervising and/or conducting activity safety standbys
- Coordinate by arranging, supervising and/or conducting annual appraisals of ER personnel
- Develop/Review ER Policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), manuals
- Organize ER assets and firefighting media as per instruction of Emergency Response Lead
- Coordinate ER vehicle & equipment test, maintenance, and inspections
- Control of stores and procurement of essential ER equipment
- Control, maintenance, testing and recording of firefighting media, fixed firefighting systems and fire water arrangements
- Development of pre-planning documents
- Be the focal point for the coordination and development of the ER training and development programme
- Undertake investigations as required into emergency response and personnel discipline
Inspections & Performance Monitoring
- Review and carry out inspection, testing and maintenance programme; including a recording mechanism for the following
- All fire appliances
- All first response equipment including standby equipment
- All company fire Extinguishers
- All company smoke detectors
- Fire Hydrants and associated installations
- Hose Reels
- Fire suppression systems
- Carry out Fire Safety inspections of all company facilities and compile reports with recommendations for improvement.
- Liaise with production maintenance department to ensure rectification of faults outside the fire departments area of authority
- Liaise with General Services maintenance department to ensure rectification of faults outside the fire departments area of authority
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Assist in the development/review of departmental procedures and update on a continual basis.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
- Interface closely with Operations, Maintenance, and Projects for all new/modification projects, activities and equipment, in addition to interfacing with contractors to ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed by the HSE Manager and Emergency Response Lead.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- HSE team.
- All relevant departments operating in company PAC and remote worksites.
- Government Authorities & Ministries (Civil Defense Department)
- Basra Oil Company
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Key decisions having significant impact on emergency response matters of company are referred to the HSE Manager for approval before implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- At least Fire Officer Level 2 according to NFPA 1001 or internationally recognized equivalent
- Physically and medically able to pass the fitness test
- Minimum 10 years of Oil & Gas industry experience or civil firefighting
- 5 years Iraqi and/or Middle East experience
- At least 3 years supervisory experience (at Team Leader positions or equivalent)
- Knowledge and experience in oil field emergency response activities
- Knowledge of fixed and portable fire systems and provisions
- Previous experience of carrying out technical document reviews
- Experienced with the development of technical documents and procedures
- Previous management experience in a professional fire service
- Operational incident command experience
- Experienced fire and rescue trainer
- Fire Station managerial experience
- Ability to work outside in high ambient temperatures
- Full Driving License with no pending issues
- Good managerial skills
- Polite and calm manner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organizational skills
- Possession of a Large Goods Vehicle Driving License (C class or above) will be considered an advantage
- Self-motivated, autonomous with a can-do attitude.
- Pro-active with a solutions-based approach, and the ability to challenge and be challenged, responding in a constructive, coaching manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (MS) packages.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to build and maintain strong business relationships at all levels.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills, accustomed to working within a multi discipline organization.
- Emergency Response Lead
- Emergency Response
Number of staffs supervised
- 14 (Will increase with project development)
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process