MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Accountant-Treasury for an international oil and gas client in Basrah, minimum of 6-8 years of experience in accounting and treasury operations with oil and gas required, fluency in English is a must.
Assist Finance Manager and Section Head Treasury to manage cash flow for Block 9 operations including payment to vendors, cash flow forecasting and managing banking relationship in accordance with Asset’s financial policies and procedures.
- Work in coordination with the team to perform the daily operations.
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Preparing periodic cashflow forecast and money collection report.
- Compile information from asset teams and other sources to support preparation of monthly cash
- call forecast for site operations.
- Tracking, maintaining, and overseeing the daily movement of money in and out of a bank account.
- Prepare daily and monthly bank and treasury reconciliations to ensure their correctness.
- Follow up on outstanding non-cashed cheques and takes necessary action and update records.
- Support finance manager and section head to prepare monthly and quarterly cash flow forecast in consultations with other departments
- Credit Control & Compliance
- Upload payment batches to e-banking gateways. Ensure daily foreign exchange rates received from bank are updated into system.
- Maintain and follow procedures applied related to treasury management and financial systems.
- Assist with administration for opening/closing of bank accounts and updating existing/implementing new banking services.
- Ensure payments are made into correct beneficiary bank accounts and after obtaining necessary management approvals as per policies and procedures.
- Review and Prepare payments to vendors and ensure that all payments are done in a timely and effective manner in coordination with relevant departments to ensure timely clearance of invoices into the system.
- Perform monthly financial close activities including the creation of cash/banking related journal entries, activity analysis
- General ledge reconciliations cash and banks.
Relationships with Banks
- Liaise with to manage bank accounts
- Liaise with banks to obtain bank statements and other information as may be required.
- Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for the continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices to increase productivity and operational efficiency.
- Implement all relevant policies, processes, procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Follow all relevant company’s health, security, safety and environmental policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure Health and Safety compliance in all aspects of work by applying them on self, others and corporate assets.
- Weekly and monthly cashflow and cash balance reporting
- Tracing of monthly cash calls
- Cash expenditure basis for supporting oil invoice preparation
Qualifications, experience & skills
- Bachelor’s in finance / Accounting with good knowledge of banking transactions
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in accounting and treasury operations.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in Oil and Gas accounting
- Knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry
- Clear understanding of financial accounting and treasury operations
- Knowledge of upstream oil and gas financial operations.
- Knowledge in regional rules, regulations, and policies.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.