MSELECT is hiring a Drilling Superintendent for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum 10 years of experience in Drilling & Workover operations including at least 5 years in a supervisory position and be fluent in English.
Plans and supervises the activities of assigned drilling rigs supported by a multi-discipline team of drilling personnel. Ensures that day to day activities are carried out in a safe, efficient, cost effective and environment friendly manner. Coordinating and availing internal & external support services.
- Provides operational expertise and day-to-day supervision necessary to ensure the proper implementation of drilling and workover programs. Coordinates with other departments / disciplines to discuss well design and verify operational requirements and ensure that they are fit for purpose and are attainable in a cost-effective manner.
- Works closely with the Drilling Manager and Drilling Engineering Manager to establish drilling performance goals / implement best available technology in drilling operations to reduce cost / cycle time.
- Ensures operational risks have been assessed and risk mitigation activities have been appropriately implemented and communicated to rig site personnel as appropriate.
- Provides Oversight and Assurance of activities across multiple rig fronts, including risk identification and mitigation, application of relevant standards, integrity, operational delivery, direction provided to WSL’s, and daily reporting accuracy.
- Leads incident investigations for well control, HSE and significant NPT events, ensures identification of root cause and contributing factors is conducted, ensuring actions are tracked to closure.
- Visits drilling/workover rig sites and provides required technical and operational advice and instructions. Ensures rig sites HSE Plans are established and implemented incorporating industry and Contractor standard safety requirements. Attends critical operations at rig site as required and ensures that all records of well progress, costing and materials are properly completed in good time.
- Evaluates contractors’ capabilities/competence and directs the Team’s participation in all activities related to drilling services. Plans, coordinates and follows up on all rig’s upgrading classification and certification. Undertakes periodic physical inspection of assigned rig(s) to ensure that the required standards of housekeeping, cleanliness and safety are being applied.
- Ensures that the terms and conditions of contracts are met by contractors consistent with approved Company procedures. Maintains up-to-date records of actual and projected expenditure and initiates actions required to ensure adherence to Company procedures.
- Discusses with contractors’ representative’s operational problems that may arise in the course of program execution, provides adequate solutions. Follows up the contractors work to ensure that work is in compliance with contract terms. Recommends introduction of incentive scheme to reword work improvement, cleanliness, timely saving, introduction of new technology and reduced disposal/emission of effluent.
- Checks invoices and endorses for payment. Verifies well expenditure proposals and monitors variance from plans.
- Participates in designing and/or confirming designs, re-engineering and specifications of drilling equipment. Ensure that fit for purpose technology and industry practices are effectively introduced.
- Manages, directs and motivates assigned team to ensure efficient and timely execution of planned activities. Promotes continual monitoring and structured improvement of performance and efficiency. Ensures functional integration both within the assigned team and with the rest of the organization and promotes team work.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Supervises: rig drilling supervisors / well site leaders
- Provide strong and visible leadership to promote a positive HSE culture.
- Communicate HSE Policy, Objectives, Requirements, Expectations and the most significant risks to Company and Contractors.
- Drives the HSE Assurance Programs for Drilling across various sites under control.
- Coordinate HSE meeting with Drilling Contractors and Service Contractors, sharing lessons learnt from incident reviews and HSE Performance.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor Degree in Petroleum, Mining or other relevant disciplines.
- 10 years of experience, Drilling & Workover operations including at least 5 years in a supervisory position.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, adaptable and willing to work in a multinational environment.
- Drilling Manager
- Drilling Department
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process