MSELECT is looking to hire a Data Analyst for an international oil and gas client in Basrah, candidates must have a minimum of 4 years of experience in Analytical skills, English and Arabic fluency is a must.
Analyse sets of raw data to make conclusions about that information (reveal trends and metrics) and to use it to optimize processes or to increase the overall efficiency of the system.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- To find meaning in data so that the derived knowledge can be used to make informed decisions (ranging from a simple data visualization study to more complex projects). This will include:
- Data Cleaning and Preparation (Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources).
- Data Analysis and Exploration (Identify, analyses, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets).
- Results visualization and Dashboard creation (Mainly PowerBI).
- Action’s recommendation.
Minimum education required:
- Engineering/Science (IT, Math or Physics) degree.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant. amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Competent in the four Types of Data Analytics:
- Descriptive analytics (describes what has happened over a given period).
- Diagnostic analytics (focuses more on why something happened).
- Predictive analytics (moves to what is likely going to happen in the near term).
- prescriptive analytics (suggests a course of action).
- Data Analytics applied to the world of Oil & Gas production will be considered as a plus.
- Good understanding of ITC systems and data management.
- SQL and Database. Queries and scripts.
- Affinity with Programming languages.
- Communication skill (the ability to communicate with all parts of the business).
- Fluent & Competent English and Arabic language.
- Design and implementation of visualization dashboards for both Business Intelligence and real-time surveillance (PowerBI)
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.