MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Operational Geologist for a major oil & gas company to be based in Erbil, Iraq.
Job Summary and Scope of Responsibilities
Supports the development process of a well, including identification of potential locations to drill. Assists the drilling and reservoir team with well site geology operations. Prepares technical reports as required.
- Prepares geological program. Reviews and finalizes the daily geological reports and daily mud logging report.
- Supervises wellsite geology operations such as coring and logging and specific contracts to perform well operation work for all drilling activities and development well programs.
- Performs periodic evaluations of wellsite geologists. Prepares geological prognosis and identifies geological uncertainties.
- Attends daily drilling meeting and serves as key Interface between wellsite, geoscience and drilling team.
- Assists with definition of scope of work/evaluation of geoscience related drilling tenders and contracts (wireline, mud logging, coring).
- Ensures distribution of all wellsite data and reports to subsurface operation team and all agreed partners.
- Organizes the logistics and movement of all logging tools and reservoir and geological samples from the rig in cooperation with the subsurface operation staff.
- Reports to Direct Supervisor on all subsurface related issues.
- Maintains and exhibits excellent working relationships with company staff.
- Continues to develop own professional expertise through optimising on-the-job and additional training and experiential opportunities. Conducts after actions reviews, section reviews and incorporation of lessons learned to enhance learning efficiency of the organization.
- 15 years of related experience, minimum 5-10 preferably Iraq/ KRG stratigraphy or equivalent technical field
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Geology
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication (written & verbal skills) in English
- Commitment to continues learning
- Full commitment to core value principles (HSE, leadership, people values & ethics
- High degree of self-motivation
- Knowledge sharing
- Strong analytical skills
- Making appropriate decisions with minimum supervision
- Ability to demonstrate honesty, integrity and confidentiality
- Proactive approach
- Alertness and attention to details
- Conceptual and innovation thinking
- Proven well-site geology expertise
- Good understanding of the tool and work flow for the drilling operation at the well site
- Excellent ability to address problems related to coring, geosteering, drilling & well performance
- Demonstrated HSE excellence Health certificate
- Expertise with advanced “MS Office” tools
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short listing process.