MSELECT is hiring a Planning Manager for a major telecom service client in Duhok. Candidates must have a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English, Kurdish and Arabic is a plus.
As a planning manager, you will liaise with planning officials and advise the business on planning policy and regulation, ensuring that compliance is met. You will have a keen eye on budgetary constraints and play a key role in project managing all new developments.
- Overseeing planning development plans and applications.
- Advising stakeholders on planning policy and regulations.
- Providing counsel and representation at key planning meetings and appeal hearings.
- Managing planning compliance.
- Informing and updating budgets associated with new developments.
- Offering hands-on advice to management and producing reports for senior staff.
- Training and managing junior staff.
- Report writing
- Minimum of four years’ experience
- A demonstrable understanding of planning policy and development management legislation.
- A track-record of excellent time management skills and an ability to work under pressure.
- An understanding of, if not experienced in, the planning process from start to completion.
- Fluent in English. Kurdish and Arabic is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree qualifications
- An ability to communicate clearly and negotiate confidently.
- Experience using IT systems including database management.
- Excellent administrative capabilities.
- Team player with an ability to lead on projects when required.
- Experience of managing conflicting workloads and priorities.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process