MSELECT is looking to hire a Treasury Manager for one of the International Banks in Erbil, candidate should have at least 5 years of experience in banking, fluency in English and Arabic is a must, Turkish is preferred.
The Treasury manager is responsible for managing the Bank’s Erbil/Iraq Branch treasury functions, and reports to related departments of The Bank’s Head Office, Central Bank of Iraq, and Iraq Branches’ Management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
To efficiently measure and manage the treasury function, the Treasury Manager is managed a wide range of job duties and responsibilities. These include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and managing Iraq Branches accounts, credit lines and relationships with Head Office, Central Bank of Iraq and other banks
- Managing foreign currency positions and foreign currency payments
- Analysing various scenarios and risks and reporting to Central Bank of Iraq, Head Office, and Branch Management.
- Forecasting of medium and long- term funding and hedging requirements (if applicable)
- Daily liquidity and exchange transactions management
- Debt facilities management
- Interest rate risk management and development of risk mitigation strategies
- Foreign exchange risk management and development of foreign exchange risk mitigation strategies
- Team management
- Preparing legal, management and board reports
- Managing budget-making process of Iraq Branches
- Account reconciliation (Head Office, Central Bank of Iraq and other Banks)
Skills and attributes:
The more common skills and attributes that are most required may include, but not be limited to:
- At least 30 years old.
- Having a associate degree in Economics, Business Administration, Financial Management, Business Management, Accounting, Finance and Banking Sciences.
- Banking Experience for at least 5 years.
- Strong written and presentation skills (English, Arabic, preferably Turkish).
- Understanding and experience of treasury accounting including FX, liquidity, cashflow and various financial instruments.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles.
- Strong understanding of financial markets, financial instruments and debt instruments.
- Knowledge of banking relationships and covenants.
- Ability to work autonomously and be part of the broader team.
- Appropriate handling of sensitive information.
- Excellent time management and organisational ability.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong client relationship management and customer service skills.
- Team player with the ability to communicate and coordinate with multiple parties.
- Intermediate to advanced computer software skills, including Excel and other accounting packages.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.