MSELECT is looking to hire an Operations HSE Advisor for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the oil & gas industry in an Operations role and be fluent in Arabic and English.
A development role providing Health, Safety and Environment support in our field. The Health and Safety Advisor provides support to Operations primarily influencing the safety and well-being of the workforce. The individual is responsible for implementation and verifying HSE practices and procedures at the organization including safety rules and other organization’s safe systems of work. The Operations HSE Advisor reports directly to the Operations Safety Team Leader while maintaining a strong relationship with the Operational Teams on-site to ensure HSE issues are being addressed and managed appropriately.
- Development of Skills; Report to work location with promptness, prepared and willing to learn, practice skills and accept new challenges as identified by H&S Advisors.
- Communication; Utilize communication skills in both Arabic and English to influence workforce in a positive way for H&S compliance.
- Safety Rules; Maintain a deep understanding of Safety Rules. Lead effort for all personnel to comprehend and comply in all respects with the Golden rules.
- HSE Standards; Pro-actively look for unidentified risks, in addition to addressing the more obvious risk areas. Promote HSE awareness during job planning.
- Safe Working Practices; Monitor, assist and advise, emphasis on locally and internationally accepted best industry practices.
- Safety Culture; Actively promote safe working practices, compliance with the Control of Work System and ensure a “Stop the job” culture is firmly embedded at the sites.
- Contractor Management; Review contractor work on site and verify contractor compliance; follow up issues with Contractor Accountable Personnel.
- HSE Meetings; Attend and record all meetings as required. Provide necessary content material ensuring task/site specific. Present topics in a professional manner, impacting attendees with specific knowledge.
- Risk/Hazard Identification; maintain a consistent presence in operating areas; identify gaps within working procedures and practices. Report all deficiencies to line management.
- Control of Work; Ensure risk assessment controls and safe working practices are established and functioning as intended; conducts field verification inspections and provide feedback to supervisors.
- Audits; Conduct and assist during safety audits as required by the business.
- Daily Routines; Perform work site inspections to ensure HSE policies and procedures are being implemented and in full compliance
- Lessons Learned; Cascade relevant information to all levels of the workforce.
- Incident Investigation; Participate as part of the investigation team as instructed. Report all incidents to line management in a timely manner.
Criteria & Qualifications Essential
- Fluent in Arabic and English languages with a desire to learn and work.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in the oil & gas industry in an Operations and/or HSE related role,
- Computer skills
- Internationally recognized safety qualifications.
- Ability for written translation of Arabic / English. Health and Safety education, certifications or experience. Experience in industrial work environment.
- Office and the field
Rotation & Travel
- 5 days on / 2 days off - travel to site
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process