MSELECT is looking to hire a Legal Manager for a major construction client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of legal counseling/ lawyer experience in business environment. Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing legal support and assistance in legal concerns, notably Labor Law, Enforcement Law, Commercial Law, Contract Law and Administration Law in Iraq including local KRG rules and regulations.
- Advise on day-to-day commercial transactions and business undertakings.
- Drafting, negotiating and preparing all types of agreements, contracts and other legal documents.
- Representing in litigation and any legal proceedings in Iraq.
- Conducting necessary legal correspondence with courts/ legal enforcement offices and all other public enterprises.
- Conducting all contacts with outsourced lawyers.
- Monitor changes and developments in the legal and regulatory environment within the territory of KRG and/ or Iraq, advise management and develop appropriate strategies.
- Preparing necessary reports to Legal Department regarding above mentioned responsibilities.
- Support any audit process where needed and coordinate with other relevant stakeholders and functions in taking practical remediation measures.
Skills and Qualification
- BS degree in Law and licensed lawyer to work in Iraq.
- Over 5 years of legal counseling/ lawyer experience in business environment.
- Fluent in English & Arabic (including writing at professional level) (and Turkish considered as asset).
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, contracts and labor law, etc.) in Iraq.
- Dealing with external parties (regulators, external counsels, politicians, clients).
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organizations.
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Excellent judgement and communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate and being proactive legal issues or risks.
- Flexible to travel.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.