MSELECT is looking to hire a Planner for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years planning experience in civil construction and understanding of the oil field. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
Planner will be a member of facilities management team supporting project managers in planning, scheduling work activities as well as reporting on progress.
- To provide planning support to the Project Managers in the preparation and maintenance of detail work programmes.
- Develop and maintain an integrated EPC schedule through Level 1 to 3, covering various project scopes, such as but not limited to: Phase 2 Office, Operations Permanent Modula Building Programme and all infrastructure Projects work plan.
- Work closely with the Contractors during the development of their Contract Control Programs to ensure compliance with all Project Milestones, critical interfaces and Project Co-ordination Procedure.
- Monitor the Contractor’s progress and performance throughout the different project phases.
- Develop and maintain planning and progress measurement systems capable of alerting the Project of any adverse trends.
- Hold regular Planning review meetings with Project Team to review overall project status.
- Develop, prepare and issue weekly and monthly reports to the Project Team and other stakeholders.
Criteria & Qualifications
- Science, Technical or Construction Management degree preferable, but a long-term, broad-based experience background with good references is more important Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deliver exceptional results in difficult project environments.
- Minimum of 10 years planning experience in civil construction and understanding of the oil field.
- Knowledge of computer-based planning tools, e.g. MS Project / Primavera & Monte Carlo including Microsoft suite e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with the design, procurement and construction aspects of civil construction. Experience of working in Iraq would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Ability to prepare and present to Senior Management the overall status of key project activities.
- Ability to create/update planning control methods and procedures to reflect the latest Project Execution philosophies.
- Familiar with the requirements and structure of Integrated Planning.
- Can reorganise when guidance is required on specific aspects of the work.
- Can interact effectively as a member of the team.
- Must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work longer hours as required.
- Must be “dead-line” oriented.
- 5 days on / 2 days off
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.